basement on 2021 303rls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basement on 2021 303rls

What would you say is approx. % of weight just in forward basement goes to the truck pin load?
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Approximately 100%
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
      What would you say is approx. % of weight just in forward basement goes to the truck pin load?
      Hi Dennis,

By "forward basement" do you mean the crosswise pass-through storage or the compartment under the overhang? For the pass-through its about 50% on the pin and the forward compartment might be 70% on the pin. This is a ratio of distance from the trailer axles to distance from the pin. "Way back when . . . " I took everything out of the trailer and confirmed that my Sherline scale agreed with the UV pin weight from the factory. Then, I weighed everything piece-by-piece as I loaded stuff into the trailer. On average, 2/3 of the loaded weight went to the trailer axles and 1/3 went to the pin.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks Rob, I meant my pass through my forward compartment only has light weight stuff, (matt, 2 empty 6 gal water judges, 2 9" Anderson blocks for front landing gear and a few odds and ends and of course the battery) Pass through big tube electrical and another 60lb tube and my 2 burner Blackstone which is heavy and other crap thats about 50lbs. I need to weigh all this stuff next trip all packed to go on 2 week trip
        2021 Reflection 303RLS
        Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Dennis66 Hi Dennis. Rob is correct that it is a ratio of the distance from the pin to the equalizer between the axels. As for % I can not know as I do not have a 303rls. For your own info and peace of mind you could measure the distance between the pin and the equalizer in inches divide by 20 and each of those increments would be 5%. As an example if the distance to the weight was 100 inches and the distance to the equalizer was 200 it would be 50%, half to both the pin and axels. Hope this helps you to visualize this.

Dave
          flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

thanks guys
            2021 Reflection 303RLS
            Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Working...
            X