MaxxFan Roof Vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaxxFan Roof Vent

Should I purchase a cover for our fan? The dealer said they were not necessary and I want confirm that this is best for our 2021
    GD Momentum 353g Toy Hauler. I'm concerned that if we go out and leave it open during rain, we could have a mess?? Thoughts?

I just added one over our bathroom vent and was thinking about the other two but really, the bath is only one I might want to have open while it's raining.
    Bill & Cindy
    2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
    2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
    SE Texas

Comment

I have them on all of the vents. The one in the kitchen with the fan has a rain sensor but if it does not work then you will get wet inside. We generally have one or two vents open most of the time even while traveling.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks for your note! I have had great comfort in knowing that regardless of weather, driving or stored, my bathroom exhaust fan will be fine with the cover open because we installed the vent cover. It totally does the job! You are right in that neither will I have the MaxxFan on if we are not near to remote.

Comment

RR-JR
          I also have covers over both fans. Super easy to install if the base on the trailer will accept the clip version--literally a five minute install. I'll typically leave the vents open while traveling to provide an escape for hot air in the trailer and don't have to worry about running into an errant rain shower (and trusting the vents closed by themselves).

Well worth the $ IMHO.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I will be replacing the small fans supplied by GD with Maxair or Fantastic fans (haven't decided on which one yet). I had the dealer install Maxair roof vents over the 3 existing vents and will keep these installed after the retrofit. Sensors are great when they work and breakdown when you need them the most.

Storing the RV up here in Canada I feel that having the extra cover over the roof vents is beneficial.
            Pierre & Tara
            2021 Imagine 2600RB
            2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
            1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Comment

Vent covers over both my vents even though one has a rain sensor. I keep my vents open even when in storage in the back yard.
              Charles and Susan
              2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
              Andersen Hitch
              2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

I put covers on the vents for heat reduction more than anything. Also allows me to leave them open in the rain. Rain sensor is only good if it gets wet. Open the fan cover, and then get on top carefully and look at how the rain sensor is setup. You will opt for the cover.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

MAW7228 -- moved your question about the fan cover to it's own thread. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...v-er-pops-open
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks Howard.
                    Mark & Ellen
                    2020 Reflection 337RLS
                    2019 RAM 3500 Mega Cab SRW

Comment

Another advantage to the covers is the ability to leave the vent open and not be worried should it rain.
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by RR-JR View Post
                        Should I purchase a cover for our fan? The dealer said they were not necessary and I want confirm that this is best for our 2021
                        GD Momentum 353g Toy Hauler. I'm concerned that if we go out and leave it open during rain, we could have a mess?? Thoughts?
                        Shortly after purchase I put maxair II covers over all three exhaust fans. When away from the rig I didn’t want to all of the sudden remember that I left the fan cover open and it started raining. Considering the price of each cover and the simplicity of install I thought it was a no brainer.
                        Dave and Sue
                        2020 GD 2250RK
                        2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
                        Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
                        GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
                        SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Does anyone know when Maxxair 11 smoke will be back on the shelves? I cant find one anywhere
                          2021 Reflection 303RLS
                          2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
                          Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Dennis66 Dennis, I've had both Black and white covers. Black ones look good, block almost all of the light, but it gets hot under them. I'm now using the white ones which transmit light but not the heat.
                            Joseph
                            Tow
                            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thanks for the replies. So far I'm not putting a cover on the Max Air as it has a rain detection sensor which is currently functioning properly. I have put a black one on the bathroom exhaust fan which works well, keeping both the bright light and weather out! Happy camping to you all!

Comment

Working...
                              X