Thoughts on vertical tension rod shower organizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on vertical tension rod shower organizer

I'm looking to add some storage to my shower stall. The two little shelves in the stall are a joke to put anything on. My travel shampoo bottles barely stay on them.
    I can't use command strips or suction cups because the shower walls are textured.

I was thinking of using a tension rod organizer that would go floor to ceiling. I would remove it during travel.

I'm wondering if the shower floor and camper ceiling can withstand the tension of one of these organizers? I have one in my home bathroom and the spring is pretty strong!

Thanks in advance!

Transcend Xplor 240ML

I don't think the tension rod is a good idea. Like you mention, the floor and ceiling are a bit on the extremely optimized size of lightweight on campers. You may need to fasten a shelf to the wall of the shower with screws since there is not really a good way to hang anything. We have small handled tray in the shower with all the bottles and such on the floor. Keeps them organized and in one easy to move with your foot if in the way.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bath-Cadd...addy/534657470
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

If Hiking Girl wants to pursue the vertical, spring loaded rod (I'm surprised there is even room to be considering this), try pads at the top and bottom of the rod to distribute the load and prevent punching through the floor or ceiling. Maybe plastic blocks?
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

If Hiking Girl wants to pursue the vertical, spring loaded rod (I'm surprised there is even room to be considering this), try pads at the top and bottom of the rod to distribute the load and prevent punching through the floor or ceiling. Maybe plastic (HDMW) blocks that won't absorb water?
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

I think that the Command strips will work provided that the surface is completely clan and dry, and it isn't in a running stream of water. If water intrusion is an issue, a small bead of silicone across the tops and sides will help. I used them in our sob Class C with a tile design wall.
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

I put in a shower retention rod & so far so good. I see Joseph suggested mounting shelf to the wall.... my concern is what's behind the shower... do I have to be concerned about drilling into something important / electrical/plumbing to mount shelves or a soap/shampoo dispenser to the wall. I've thought of using glue? what does the community think?
            Thanks,
            Cindy
            2022 Solitude 3330RE
            2021 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Dualy
            2022 Solitude 3330RE
            Cindy & Xena

Comment

Working...
            X