Interior Trim Has Become Unglued/detached From Wall-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Trim Has Become Unglued/detached From Wall-

Just picked up a Transcend 245rl. We haven't had it out yet but noticed after the massive heatwave here the trim along the slide has become unglued and detached from the wall. What should I use to reattach it? Would I use wood glue or double sided tape to put it back in place? I assume I would strip the old glue first before doing the repair? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Is that the trim on the left side of the slide? More specifically, is that the trim that is used to engage the bulb seal on the inside of the trailer when the slide is open? If it is, it almost looks like the trim is split in half vertically and would not be engaging the seals when the slide is open. In that case, I would assume a new piece of trim would be required.
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Digzoom Is that the insert piece that is on the face of the slide trim?? Does it lay flat in the groove without any effort? Looks like it may have been a touch long and forced in place. Once the glue got hot it released.

You may need to carefully remove the piece, strip out as much of the old glue as possible, lay painters tape on each side, then I would go for an epoxy vs glue. Look for a 15-30 min set so you have some working time (if you are confident you can go for the 5 min stuff). Get it in the groove (hence the painters tape on each side) and then start at the top and work down. Any extra length will show up on the bottom and can be trimmed as required. Once it's dry(ish) you can razor knife it at the wood to plastic interface and pull the tape before it's fully cure so it's not too hard to cut.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Digzoom Welcome to the family and the forum!

When you have time, the moderators have taken the time to create a Welcome Letter to help new members have the best possible experience on the forum including posting tips, how to set up a signature line and searching the forums. You can find the letter at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

If the trim piece is plastic wood glue may not stick to it very well. A couple small spots of silicone might do the trick.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Liquid nails will do it. I keep a squeeze tube in the trailer just for these small things that I will not take to a dealer.. I

Comment

Thank you everyone for your replies my wife and I really appreciate it. I used your guys suggestions and used the slow drying epoxy and it worked like a charm!

Comment

Working...
              X