No announcement yet.

2021 Grand Design Imagine 3250BH bedroom door separating at exterior wall base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Grand Design Imagine 3250BH bedroom door separating at exterior wall base

Waiting for 50 minutes (automated system says 30 seconds for estimated wait). Sent photos to email but wanted to see what people may think. At the floor base exterior wall side of bedroom door the frame has separated a bit. Called Lazyday's tech support and they said to contact GD. The door does still close but it is tight. We took our unit across country (TN to LA, To TX, AZ, NM, CO, KS, and back home to TN) and this is the only issue. We know it needs to be fixed so hoping it is a "minor" repair versus something else.

Originally posted by tmaherjr View Post
    Waiting for 50 minutes (automated system says 30 seconds for estimated wait). Sent photos to email but wanted to see what people may think. At the floor base exterior wall side of bedroom door the frame has separated a bit. Called Lazyday's tech support and they said to contact GD. The door does still close but it is tight. We took our unit across country (TN to LA, To TX, AZ, NM, CO, KS, and back home to TN) and this is the only issue. We know it needs to be fixed so hoping it is a "minor" repair versus something else.
    My thoughts are I would try to fix it myself but would consider complexity and my chances of messing up something else. Maybe another member can chime in on how that stub out is connected to the side wall.

But if it is still under warranty and you purchased it from Lazydays' I'm not sure why LD would tell you to call GD. GD is going to tell you to take it to a dealer for warranty repairs or maybe open a case and authorize you to use a mobile technician.

i would recommend you try calling GD first thing in the morning (their morning).

Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Have you been able to determine how the jamb is attached? Pin nailers seem a popular choice and are notorious for letting trim and other items pull loose. This might be a case of remove and install with a better attachment system (glue, finishing nails, paneling nails, wood screws, etc.)
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
      X