Table swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table swap

I have a S-class 3350RL with a pedestal dining table. I have access to a table from a 310 that does not have the pedestal but is cantilevered. Is the wall framing the same in the dining area on S-class and non S-class Solitudes? Is there support in the wall to mount the cantilever? Thanks, Frank.

Originally posted by fmartinmn View Post
    I have a S-class 3350RL with a pedestal dining table. I have access to a table from a 310 that does not have the pedestal but is cantilevered. Is the wall framing the same in the dining area on S-class and non S-class Solitudes? Is there support in the wall to mount the cantilever? Thanks, Frank.
    I have compared the framing and backing plates for the 3350RL against the 310GK Solitudes. The walls have very different structural builds that do not overlap each other at all. There is no apparent backing plate for what you are attempting to do. But don't throw in the towel yet. I'd suggest you use a strong magnet on the wall to see if you can locate a backing plate. GDRV uses electro galvanized sheet metal for backing plates, so a magnet will indicate if any are present.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

I have compared the framing and backing plates for the 3350RL against the 310GK Solitudes. The walls have very different structural builds that do not overlap each other at all. There is no apparent backing plate for what you are attempting to do. But don't throw in the towel yet. I'd suggest you use a strong magnet on the wall to see if you can locate a backing plate. GDRV uses electro galvanized sheet metal for backing plates, so a magnet will indicate if any are present.

Jim
      Thanks Jim, that answers my question. I will still check it out the way you suggest just to make sure. We really would like to get rid of that pedestal. Thanks again, Frank.

Comment

Working...
      X