Floor & subfloor thickness of Imagine 2250RK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor & subfloor thickness of Imagine 2250RK

I want to add a MORryde Cargo Sliding Tray to the basement of my Imagine 2250RK and need to know the floor thickness as well as what, if anything is mounted directly below said area.

Originally posted by Kevlin View Post
    I want to add a MORryde Cargo Sliding Tray to the basement of my Imagine 2250RK and need to know the floor thickness as well as what, if anything is mounted directly below said area.
    The Imagine brochure does a good job of showing the "drop frame" that makes up the front storage area. If you look underneath your camper (under the passthru) there's likely nothing under it except for electrical circuit breakers and 7-pin junction box on the front, street-side near the front main (metal) cross beam (the front of the camper, just under the cap).

For the thickness of the wood...I couldn't find a definitive reference. Someone here will know.

Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	brochure.JPG
Views:	528
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	63750
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Looking at the drawings that I have access to the fresh water tank seems to be right under the front pass thru, this can be confirmed by the location of the fresh tank drain. I would caution putting any type of fastener down thru any floor area with out confirming what is underneath the floor. Dropping a portion of the coroplast is well worth the effort to avoid damaging a holding tank.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
        Looking at the drawings that I have access to the fresh water tank seems to be right under the front pass thru, this can be confirmed by the location of the fresh tank drain. I would caution putting any type of fastener down thru any floor area with out confirming what is underneath the floor. Dropping a portion of the coroplast is well worth the effort to avoid damaging a holding tank.

Brian
        ???

If I'm looking at the 2250RK's Holding Tanks drawing correctly, the water tank is behind the drop-frame. Similar to my 315's setup (except mine has the washer gray in this location.) There should be nothing underneath the passthru (except, as noted, for the electrical items).

Should be very easy for the OP to confirm by crawling underneath and looking up. The coroplast should start just behind the passthru.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevlin View Post
          Look under a sink and you should be able to measure the thickness where the drain pipe penetrates the floor.
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Don't forget the floor is a laminated system. IIRC they are about 1-3/8" thick. Top and bottom layers are 3/16" 3 layer plywood with 1" bonded foam in the center.

Disclaimer - I only briefly looked at the floor layup when sealing the hole under the sink. I did stay at a Holiday in once but it was not last night.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
              Don't forget the floor is a laminated system. IIRC they are about 1-3/8" thick. Top and bottom layers are 3/16" 3 layer plywood with 1" bonded foam in the center.

Disclaimer - I only briefly looked at the floor layup when sealing the hole under the sink. I did stay at a Holiday in once but it was not last night.
              I don't think that's true with regards to the front passthru, Joseph. Look at the construction diagram I previously posted and you'll see there's no insulation under the storage area (which is also true on my Reflection).

You're absolutely right about the main floor area--in an Imagine (and Reflection) TT it is as you describe.

Comment

howson Sorry Guys missed that it was a the front lower bay. If it's all one at the same elevation with the same floor, it may be the same.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                X