310GK sofa bed removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 310GK sofa bed removal

Hi everyone! Has anyone removed their sofa bed from the their 310GK or for that matter any other fifth wheel?

Originally posted by Glamping4two View Post
    Hi everyone! Has anyone removed their sofa bed from the their 310GK or for that matter any other fifth wheel?
    If it counts...we tossed the one from our 315RLTS. I never could get it to lay flat (as a bed) no matter what I did and it wasn't the most comfortable sofa...so it went. Local charity thrift store was very happy to get it.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

If it counts...we tossed the one from our 315RLTS. I never could get it to lay flat (as a bed) no matter what I did and it wasn't the most comfortable sofa...so it went. Local charity thrift store was very happy to get it.
      How did u remove it?

Comment

I did not remove it, but did adjust the bolts on the curbside rear about two inches. It was held in by two bolts on each end. The bolts are easy -- getting it through the door will be interesting.
        2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

We removed the sofa bed from the mid-bunk room of ours, in order to build a permanent bed platform below the upper bunk. To remove it, we had to take it apart, including taking off both ends. Now we are considering removing the big sofa bed in the rear living area to make more room, like a permanent place for DW’s sewing machine, table & chair, etc.
          Doug & Barb
          Doug & Barb
          2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
          2013 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew SB, 2WD, 3.5 EB, Stock Suspension & Michelin Tires
          No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.
          Previous: Keystone Premier 31BHPR w/Equalizer 1200 WD Hitch

Comment

How did u remove it?
            Disassembled as much as possible and removed it piece-by-piece. The back, ends, and front were one piece, but with the internals removed is was light enough to stand up on end, then after sliding across the floor to the door I tilted it into the bathroom and the bottom was pulled out the door.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Disassembled as much as possible and removed it piece-by-piece. The back, ends, and front were one piece, but with the internals removed is was light enough to stand up on end, then after sliding across the floor to the door I tilted it into the bathroom and the bottom was pulled out the door.
              Howard,
              where did you start? Where fasteners hard to find?

Comment

Glamping4two On our 303, the screws that hold the sofa to the floor are actually through the brace on the back at the bottom. If you pull the bed up and run your fingers under it you will find the screws. Mine were run through the thin fabric and left little cuts that hid themselves. Really hard to see.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Howard,
                  where did you start? Where fasteners hard to find?
                  It's not hard--the inner "bed" section comes apart and the sofa itself is secured to the side cabinets with "L" brackets. It's self-evident once you dig in. Nothing cosmic to it. Since I wasn't too concerned about salvaging anything I just tore into it. It was so easy I did manage to get it back together for the thrift store.

Comment

Working...
                  X