Shower door won't stay closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower door won't stay closed

We recently purchased a 2021 Transcend 231RK. It has a roller type shower door that snaps open no matter how careful you are. This is really a problem especially when water from the shower gets sprayed all over the place! The dealership told us that this was a problem with these type of doors and that most people just put up a shower curtain. I would rather not do that. Has anyone come up with a better solution? I really didn't want to drill holes in the walls so I tried using different types of command hooks but they don't hold.

I bent a small spot of the stationary part in just enough to catch. It has worked ok so far. I am not impressed by the design.

bill
    2021 imagine 2670mk
    2018 Chevrolet 3500 6.6 diesel long box 4door srw

Comment

In a bind, I just wedged a wash cloth between the roller and the housing. Once I had a chance to look at it I saw that the issue is too smooth of a catch on the plastic side. I took the plastic handle assembly off and carefully sharpened the 90° angle down a little. I only had a flat razor blade and didn’t want to wreck the plastic so it’s down maybe an extra degree or two. So far it seems like an improvement considering it wouldn’t stay at all the last two showers. Once I have a chance I’ll use more proper of tools to hook the inside of the plastic latch. Another thought is to either glue or use a soldering iron to put a small piece of metal wire along the edge to add a lip.

Comment

Originally posted by Twinriver21 View Post
        We recently purchased a 2021 Transcend 231RK. It has a roller type shower door that snaps open no matter how careful you are. This is really a problem especially when water from the shower gets sprayed all over the place! The dealership told us that this was a problem with these type of doors and that most people just put up a shower curtain. I would rather not do that. Has anyone come up with a better solution? I really didn't want to drill holes in the walls so I tried using different types of command hooks but they don't hold.
        I have one of those shower doors in my 2021 2970RL that we picked up July 2020. I have ZERO problems with my latch. They can be a bit finicky once you get the hang of it. However, I have talked to two other GD owners of new trailers and they say they cannot get their door to stay closed. I know owners on other forums have said the same. So then it must be that something in the manufacturing changed or they are not being installed correctly. Something has to be out of alignment in order for them to not be able to be latched or stay latched.

I think looking at the plastic latch as Rbd1 did and make some adjustments on the plastic piece may be the answer.

This seems to be an increasing issue and something GD should look at. I would assume they have enough trailers at their manufacturing facility to test a few.
        Mike & Lisa
        Central Florida
        2021 Imagine 2970RL
        1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

We have the 2020 Imagine 2500RL that has the retractable shower door. I hate it. I don't have a problem with it staying latched but when it retracts it does a horrible job.
          I would like to replace it and looking for options.

I do agree that GD needs to do something about it like a recall. I never wanted a shower curtain and still don't, but think a better option should be offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Twinriver21 View Post
            Maybe check out the modification done by zibberfitchy over in the plumbing section https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...door-latch-mod. You maybe able to do something similar.
            2019 Imagine 2400BH
            2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

The door on our 2021 2600RB came loose one time. After looking closely at it I discovered there is a clear plastic cover on the metal to protect it during production. This was a little crooked and was partially covering the lip that holds the shower door latch when closed. I removed this plastic covering, it is slightly sticky on the back, no more issues in 9 months of heavy use.

Dave
              flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Working...
              X