small hairline ceiling crack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small hairline ceiling crack

We have a small 1" hairline crack in the ceiling radiating out from the stereo speaker in the center of the trailer ceiling

Since the trailer is at dealer for regulator recall, we asked them to look at the crack. Interestingly we noticed it while camping, but in the dealer driveway the crack had basically closed perhaps due to trailer level / not level.

they are now working up pricing on a couple of options to fix it. Will get the $ costs tomorrow.

1 repace the speaker with a larger speaker - sounds a bit odd to me
    2 replace the ceiling tile/panel? I forget which he said.

Is this something that needs to be fixed? I searched and haven't seen this problem on the forum
    Brenda & Jay
    2021 Imagine XLS 17 MKE
    2021 Ford F150 3.5l ecoboost v6

Hi there.

"Is something that needs to be fixed?".

I don't believe this would be a structural issue, so the concern is cosmetic appearance. The larger speaker sounds like a solid approach to me. If it is small and hard to notice, I'd consider just leaving it alone and addressing it if it continues to grow.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

bnjhikers I agree a larger speaker might be the way to go, as bonus you might get some better sound. It sounds cosmetic due to the location. If it continues to spread try stop drilling, separating the crack a very small amount, use a pin tip and put a small amount of super glue on it from the inside of the speaker hole, using your seeing eye fingers of course, as I doubt you will be able to see in there. Good luck

Dave
      flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Working...
      X