Closet doors on 2021 Reflection 320MKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closet doors on 2021 Reflection 320MKS

I'm new to the forum and a somewhat new GDRV owner. My concern is that the double bypass doors on our main forward closet seem to have no means of being secured for travel, other than being held closed using spare pillows and blankets. Is there supposed to be some sort of latching mechanism?

Hi Jerry,

Welcome to the forum. I did a little digging into your question and it looks like a part was omitted from your 320MKS.

The first picture I'm attaching shows a latch on the doors that is supposed to keep them secured. I got this photo from the 320MKS page off of Grand Design's website:

Click image for larger version

Name:	320 Door.JPG
Views:	446
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	65118

Next, I went to the parts lookup page and found the doors. It states that the door part number does not include hardware, but in the photo, you can see the latching mechanism on the right hand door:

Name:	320 Door.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	65119

My next step was to locate the hardware part number for the latching mechanism. It appears that GDRV failed to install this latch on your door. Here's a link to the page for the latch and its part number.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/19580

My suggestion is that you contact your dealer and have them address this situation for you. If your dealer can't take care of it in a timely manner, contact GDRV customer service at 574-825-9679 and see if they will ship the part to you so you can install it yourself. It just screws on, so it should be a simple job.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thank, Jim. I believe that the latch that you are referring to is the one that holds the two doors together, and that one in in place. My problem is that even when connected the doors slide back and forth while the RV is in motion. Even with pillows and blankets as padding, they have broken twice while traveling.

Comment

There should be a stop that keeps each door from going past center. This stop will keep the doors centered when they are latched together. Look up in the roller track for some kind of stop.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I took a look at my doors to find the door stops. Turns out there are screws driven in the center of the wheel track. The door wheel bumps the screw.

Name:	20210907_120826.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	65298Click image for larger version

Name:	20210907_120730.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	65299
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW