Sliding closet doors 310GK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliding closet doors 310GK

We have had trouble with close doors coming off tracks, now one has come off and fallen on the floor while traveling and we can't get it back on to work. I hate these doors.
    any ideas of another way to have closet doors that work ?

Originally posted by Ginamarie06@yahoo.com View Post
    We have had trouble with close doors coming off tracks, now one has come off and fallen on the floor while traveling and we can't get it back on to work. I hate these doors.
    Hi Ginamarie06@yahoo.com . Welcome to the GD Owners Forum. I'm afraid I can't answer your questions, but I've moved your thread to the Interior channel where it should get more exposure. Since you're new, you might like to read our Welcome Letter to help you get the most out of the forum.

It's also not a good idea to use your email address as your forum handle. If you'd like to change it, let me know and I can do that for you.

Again, Welcome!
    Andi
    Brookings SD
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

Cate&Rob

There is a top on the barn doors somewhere. Several people have added and modified parts of the track to prevent them from falling off as you mention.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...e-improvements

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...-sliding-doors

There are several other references to door fixes, and neither of these is the one I was thinking of. Maybe one of the mods will remember a better way to search and post the results.

Rob is usually good at remembering such things.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Ginamarie06@yahoo.com
        Welcome to our owners forum. Pleas see Andi's advice in post #2

Grand Design uses several different types of sliding doors. If you post a picture or two of yours, we might be able to help.
        Also, see this discussion https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...l-door-removal

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Ginamarie06@yahoo.com View Post
          Our build is June 2020. I regularly need to place the left door back on the track. It seems to be moved out by items in the closet. So long as I adjust it regularly, it is fine.
          2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

I seem to recall that Rob Second Chance has posted on this item here or elsewhere as they also have a Solitude 310. Possibly Rob will chime in too.

Dan
            Dan & Carol
            2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
            2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post
              I seem to recall that Rob Second Chance has posted on this item here or elsewhere as they also have a Solitude 310. Possibly Rob will chime in too.

Dan
              Our build was January of 2020... we have not had this issue with our closet doors. I did have to use the adjustment to raise them a bit so they didn't rub on the bottom rail and would move more easily. If the OP's setup is like ours, it sounds like the upper and lower tracks are too far apart. Aside from the upper latches coming undone, there's no other way for these doors to "fall off." If vertical spacing is the issue, the lower track can be unscrewed from the floor and a thin strip of wood placed underneath to shim it.

Rob
              Rob & Laura
              U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
              2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
              2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
              (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
              Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Working...
              X