No announcement yet.

Emergency Exit multiple failures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the feedback. Strange, when I talked to Grand Design Customer Service- I was told that I had to order through a Grand Design dealer and could not order directly from Grand Design.
    Eddie & Kathy
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    2019 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4 Cummins 6.7L
    Houston, TX

Comment

Originally posted by Ebkent62 View Post
      Thanks for the feedback. Strange, when I talked to Grand Design Customer Service- I was told that I had to order through a Grand Design dealer and could not order directly from Grand Design.
      Interesting, when I called in the summer, one of the options on the IVR system was for parts. I needed to talk to a customer representative, so I picked that option, but after I was completed with the rep, I asked to be transferred to parts and they were able to. Might be worth a shot to try calling again.
      2019 Imagine 2400BH
      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Getting caught up on this discussion. I've witnessed my window moving around one time while driving right after a departure and it was due to the wife not closing it properly. I've asked her to not use it but that didn't get me too far.
        I guess I'm lucky since this window works as it should for us. Except maybe trying to crawl through it. Cant imagine how difficult that would be.

Jim

Comment

Thanks for everyone’s feedback and help. I was misinformed on my first call to customer service that I would have to order the window through a Grand Design Dealer. Apparently some windows due to size must be drop shipped from Lippert. GD parts told me you can only purchase items that can go small parcel from them and anything that has to go LTL carrier has to be shipped to a GD Dealer. My window is actually stocked by Grand Design and will be shipped next week. The trim ring for the window is 6-8 weeks out for delivery to GD- wishing I hadn’t drilled holes in it now to mount my temporary fix but at least I’ll have a window in a couple of weeks to put back in my RV. Really poor design on the latch on this window- very much a hazard to the folks out on the road with us. Really appreciate everyone’s help educating this newbie. I will be modifying the latch when the window gets to me so it doesn’t happen again.
          Eddie & Kathy
          2021 Imagine 2970RL
          2019 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4 Cummins 6.7L
          Houston, TX

Comment

Originally posted by Ebkent62 View Post
            Thanks for everyone’s feedback and help. I was misinformed on my first call to customer service that I would have to order the window through a Grand Design Dealer. Apparently some windows due to size must be drop shipped from Lippert. GD parts told me you can only purchase items that can go small parcel from them and anything that has to go LTL carrier has to be shipped to a GD Dealer. My window is actually stocked by Grand Design and will be shipped next week. The trim ring for the window is 6-8 weeks out for delivery to GD- wishing I hadn’t drilled holes in it now to mount my temporary fix but at least I’ll have a window in a couple of weeks to put back in my RV. Really poor design on the latch on this window- very much a hazard to the folks out on the road with us. Really appreciate everyone’s help educating this newbie. I will be modifying the latch when the window gets to me so it doesn’t happen again.
            Eddie
            Sorry to hear of your troubled. I had noticed when I used that window that in a wind gust the handle would pull through the frame hole (made the way for you to exit). However I got the tip from someone else that if you wrap a big rubber band around the base of the handle, the handle wont pull thru in a wind gust.

Good luck on the repair.
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
            X