Vinyl flaking off on theater seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl flaking off on theater seats

I noticed 2 spots on our TP theater seats that are starting to flake off. Unfortunately I noticed it AFTER we left the rally (talk about bad timing)
    The unit is only 14 months old and I knew the quality of the seats was marginal but I had hoped for a little more than 14 months before they deteriorated.
    Has anyone had any luck with Lippert standing by these ? My previous dealings with Lippert and quality issues have not been positive.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

I would contact Lippert as well as Grand Design. This sure seems early for that type of deterioration. Ours is 4 years old with no signs, so far, of failure.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I agree with Brian. I'd call GDRV customer service at 574-825-9679 and Lippert customer service at 574-537-8900 to see if there is anything that can be done.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Same issue on 2019 Solitude. Sent email to Lippert and will update any response. Saw a post somewhere that said Lippert offered to sell new at 50% off? This appears to be quality issue across many different RV manufacturers.
        Last edited by Agb2169; 10-11-2021, 02:44 PM. Reason: Just offered 50% off on a new purchase.

Comment

I sent the pics off to Grand design, I am awaiting their response. The attached pic shows the issue, forgive the cell phone quality
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Agb2169 View Post
            Same issue on 2019 Solitude. Sent email to Lippert and will update any response. Saw a post somewhere that said Lippert offered to sell new at 50% off? This appears to be quality issue across many different RV manufacturers.
            This has been an ongoing issue for many years. What's interesting to me is that some units go for years with no issues, and some start to crack and peel in 12-18 months. Our Reflection 297 is five years old. Our dogs frequently jump up on it, and there are no issues (knock on wood). Lippert ought to try and find out why some last a long time and others don't.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

It looks like the vinyl didnt adhere well to the fabric backing. My guess would be that they purchase the fabric and dont make it themselves.

Comment

Working...
              X