Wondering why.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering why.....

On our 2021 Transcend 260RB the area where the water pump is has a small panel that fits inside the frame of the supports. It's only attached at the base which means it can be easily folded over if you put something heavy in the compartment and it slides. I'm going to install a new piece of 1/4" plywood that will attach on all four sides and not just the bottom.

I was curious as to why they wouldn't do that in the first place.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1857.JPG
Views:	655
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	67820Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1858.JPG
Views:	487
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	67821
    John & Jurie

Caretakers for Coco and Daisy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    ​​​​​​​2021 Transcend 260RB
    2017 Jayco 26BH
    2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS

Originally posted by J & J Bumblebee View Post
    On our 2021 Transcend 260RB the area where the water pump is has a small panel that fits inside the frame of the supports. It's only attached at the base which means it can be easily folded over if you put something heavy in the compartment and it slides. I'm going to install a new piece of 1/4" plywood that will attach on all four sides and not just the bottom.

I was curious as to why they wouldn't do that in the first place.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1857.JPG
Views:	655
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	67820Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1858.JPG
Views:	487
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	67821
    Don't really have an answer besides weight and ease of access. I can see something heavy sliding and messing up the heater hose, etc, or falling down the access hole for smaller stuff.

However - is that a compact vacuum in the red box? Wondering about the brand and if you like it?

Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Don't really have an answer besides weight and ease of access. I can see something heavy sliding and messing up the heater hose, etc, or falling down the access hole for smaller stuff.

However - is that a compact vacuum in the red box? Wondering about the brand and if you like it?

Keith

Thanks, Keith.

I think it's one of those questions that doesn't really have an answer.

The vacuum is a Dirt Devil Simplistik and the DW likes it. I sweep she vacuums.

John

John & Jurie

Caretakers for Coco and Daisy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
      2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
      ​​​​​​​2021 Transcend 260RB
      2017 Jayco 26BH
      2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS

Comment

John

There are plenty of "Why?" questions involving an RV, and plenty of "head shaking". You have found one similar to one I found in a cabinet in our RV. In this same cabinet there was 2" of screw sticking out from the draw slide rails in the adjacent compartment. It is not hard to find these especially for those that are "tinkering" with things. That is a good find and surely what you are going to do will ensure that nothing will affect the items in the back.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

The answer to "why" is simple, COST !
          Barry & Karen
          2015 Ram 2500 Laramie 4wd, 6.7 Cummins, Edge Insight CTS2 Monitor, Air Bags, 70 gal aux tank, TST tire monitor
          2022 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Working...
          X