Open up behind media player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open up behind media player

I’d like to open the compartment containing the media player. It seems there’s a lot of room for more media playing options, plus it would give me access to the HDMI cable running to the tv. Has anyone removed the wood panel, or media player. Is there lots of usable room back there?

You will find that the panel is either glued or stapled or both from the inside. I did a similar panel in our outside kitchen. I used a utility knife to cut around the border and then you will see what you need to finish on the inside. If you are careful you can save the panel and reinstall later.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Madocian You can probably remove the media player and then feel / use a mirror to look on the inside to verify it's stapled from the back.

Most likely you can remove the panel easily by pushing inward slowly around the perimeter. Looking / feeling on the inside is critical as they may have used a backer strip of 1" x 1" or something similar and screwed it to the face with "CAMPER" #2 square drive (AKA Robertson) screws.

To remove the radio, find the manual and verify that the trim ring just snaps in place. Once removed there are probably 4-6 screws holding the media player in place.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
        ...screwed it to the face with "CAMPER" #2 square drive (AKA Robertson) screws.
        "CAMPER screw", I've never heard that one before. Now that I think about it, yes pretty much all the screws in the trailer are Robertson #2 screw, so the term totally makes sense. Probably didn't give it much thought since they seem to be used lots in Canada, not to start a debate about Phillips vs Robertson
        2019 Imagine 2400BH
        2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Working...
        X