Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Mods for the miserable Toy Hauler Tie Downs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Mods for the miserable Toy Hauler Tie Downs?

Tried everything.
    A common problem with GD Momentum owners.

We’ve owned several Toy Haulers and never experienced this.
    Either the D ring separates or the entire tie down detaches.
    Doesn’t look like an easy fix.

Yes, we tried loosely fitting the straps. That’s not the way to roll and it’ll still pull out the tie down.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	E9135A08-54FB-4672-B94B-E292698A678F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	186.1 KB ID:	70695
    Attached Files
    2020 Momentum 398M

Dive Bar Casanova -- can you (please) update the signature line with your GD trailer info? The post doesn't mention year or model. (You'll find how from a link in the Welcome Letter to New Members ).
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hello,
      I have heard this is a problem and was concerned when I loaded my HD for the first time. I went underneath and found my tiedowns were secured thru the frame rails. I do plan on buying heavy "D" rings which are available at most all trailer sales outlets. I suggest finding longer bolts and add a plate under the camper. I did this with my last toy hauler (not GD)
      "No place to go, No hurry to get there"
      2019 GD Momentum 376 TH
      2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins
      2015 HD Ultra Classic Limited

Comment

When we bought our cargo trailer, I used E-track to secure the wing at six points and the trailer at 2 more. It spreads the loading out over a much greater
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
          Dive Bar Casanova -- can you (please) update the signature line with your GD trailer info? The post doesn't mention year or model. (You'll find how from a link in the Welcome Letter to New Members ).
          We've been attempting that.
          2020 Momentum 398M

Comment

Originally posted by Dive Bar Casanova View Post
            We've been attempting that.
            Sorry the Welcome Letter hasn't been as helpful as intended. A direct link to the directions: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...-to-your-posts

If you'd prefer, post what you'd like your signature line to look like and I'll do it for you.

Howard (Moderator)

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
            X