2022 Imagine 2600 RB dinette / bed problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Imagine 2600 RB dinette / bed problem

I could not get the table to sit properly ( level or on supports ) to enable us to make the dinnette into a bed. I brought it up to the dealer rep when we picked it up and he checked with the boss and they didn't have a clue !!! Does anybody have this problem ? and / or any solutions or answers. When the table is down and strapped, the whole area is just a mess. They couldn't even tell me if it was supposed to make up into a bed.

Originally posted by bigjake392 View Post
    I could not get the table to sit properly ( level or on supports ) to enable us to make the dinnette into a bed. I brought it up to the dealer rep when we picked it up and he checked with the boss and they didn't have a clue !!! Does anybody have this problem ? and / or any solutions or answers. When the table is down and strapped, the whole area is just a mess. They couldn't even tell me if it was supposed to make up into a bed.
    The dinette in the 2600 RB does fold down into a bed. It will fold down and sit onto the rails on each side where it should set flat onto those rails. If the straps are keeping the table from sitting flat, adjust them accordingly.
    Now for travel, be certain you use those travel straps and fold the table down into the bed position. The table while in the upright position for travel is just too capable of causing issues so its best to keep the center of gravity low while over the road.
    If you can send us a few pics we may be able to provide further advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8LAHpzWmGY

And Welcome Aboard!

Jim
    Last edited by Guest; 11-26-2021, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake392 View Post
      Check out https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...tte-conversion Perhaps it's the same problem?

Also, welcome to the forum. Please also check out the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

The dinette in the 2600 RB does fold down into a bed. It will fold down and sit onto the rails on each side where it should set flat onto those rails. If the straps are keeping the table from sitting flat, adjust them accordingly.
        Now for travel, be certain you use those travel straps and fold the table down into the bed position. The table while in the upright position for travel is just too capable of causing issues so its best to keep the center of gravity low while over the road.
        If you can send us a few pics we may be able to provide further advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8LAHpzWmGY

And Welcome Aboard!

Jim
        Good suggestion on folding the table, as mine did fall over once during travel. Luckily, it did not cause any damage. Instead of folding it I just screwed another D ring on the floor under the inner table leg so that I can secure that end of the table. It has worked very well for us.
        Mike and (RIP Karen)
        2021 2600RB
        2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

Originally posted by AZMike View Post

Good suggestion on folding the table, as mine did fall over once during travel. Luckily, it did not cause any damage. Instead of folding it I just screwed another D ring on the floor under the inner table leg so that I can secure that end of the table. It has worked very well for us.
          Mike,

I also experienced this one time where the travel strap was just loose enough to allow the table to fall over on some rough PA back roads. It missed the kitchen cabinet by about 2 inches. After that its always stored in the folded down position for travel. Lubricating the table mechanism with CRC with teflon makes folding it a breeze. Adding a D ring would also work well.

Somewhat related: Also began using adjustable slide locks at the floor for the sliding doors since I also had one come loose on those same roads. Another story where we miraculously avoided damage.

Jim
          Last edited by Guest; 11-27-2021, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

Mike,

I also experienced this one time where the travel strap was just loose enough to allow the table to fall over on some rough PA back roads. It missed the kitchen cabinet by about 2 inches. After that its always stored in the folded down position for travel. Lubricating the table mechanism with CRC with teflon makes folding it a breeze. Adding a D ring would also work well.

Somewhat related: Also began using adjustable slide locks at the floor for the sliding doors since I also had one come loose on those same roads. Another story where we miraculously avoided damage.

Jim
            Jim,

I guess I am just lucky having never had problems with the barn doors. I had installed these just above the bungee straps, and together with the bungees they are pretty secure.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
            Mike and (RIP Karen)
            2021 2600RB
            2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

Working...
            X