Corner Shower Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corner Shower Removal

2018 Reflection 303. When walking in front of the shower, the floor sqeaks to some point. I believe it could be the foam spacer board between the floor of the coach and the shower floor. There is a gap I can see looking where the drain pipe comes into the basement.
    Does anyone know how to remove the corner shower? I’m more concern on the glass doors, etc than the surround and shower floor base, as I don’t want to break the glass during removal.
    Steve
    2018 Reflection 303
    2023 F350 Lariat, 4 x 4 CCSB.
    Diesel, Star White.

Yikes. That sounds like a big job. I wonder if it's the same shower that Rob has in his 2015? Cate&Rob
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Hi Steve,

I have removed and reinstalled the sliding shower doors (to clean and lube the rollers and to silicone glue the fixed and moving water seals to the glass). This was relatively easy. Removing the fixed glass panels and the top track does not look too difficult.

It gets complicated after that . . . the shower walls overlap the pan, so they would have to come off first. These appear to be held in place with plastic pop rivets. All new rivets would be needed for reinstallation. The faucet assembly would have to be removed before the walls.

This is a BIG job, to get to where the shower pan could be removed.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Steve, maybe you could "shoot" some of that expanding foam into that area to stiffen it up.
        Jim (& Sharon)
        2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
        2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
        The toys:
        2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
        2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

Rob,
          Thanks. I knew it wasn't going to be easy. I was worried about the glass removal, hoping it would all come out in one piece with the frame.
          Does your 303 floor squeak?
          (I tried to find installation instruction for the shower on the internet, but struck out).

JCR,
          I thought about the foam. But if I ever really needed to pull the shower out, it was be a mess where the foam was sprayed.

I knew it was not going to be a fun project, thats why I think i will wait until the end of the season to pull it out. I just hate that squeaky floor.

Steve
          2018 Reflection 303
          Diesel, Star White.

Comment

My 2021 303RLS bathroom floor squeaks like crazy with every step in the bathroom. It seems to be related to the shower, because it’s the same noise made by manipulating the bottom door rollers. Any advice would be appreciated!

Comment

Papaw,
              I have not got the chance to pull my shower out yet. I think the squeaks is between the floor and the foam spacer to the shower floor. I could be wrong and maybe it is just the floor.
              Who ever tackles this first, pass on what you find or do, along with pictures.

Steve
              2018 Reflection 303
              Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Papaw

I think every 303 bathroom floor squeaks! Kind of amazing that this has been present (and reported to Grand Design) for 7 model years. This has been discussed on several different threads. Tearing out the shower to get at this would be a lot of work and is not likely solve the problem. You can access the underside of this floor from the pass through storage area (behind the removable aft wall) and some owners have tried shims between the aluminum floor frame and the OSB floor (not reported to be very successful).

This “flex” goes all the way back to the main frame of the RV. I use a pin tripod and I can change the squeak in the bathroom floor by adjusting the front landing gear to put more/less weight on the tripod. When you set your trailer on to the hitch in the truck, you don’t really see how much the trailer frame flexes because the truck suspension is reducing height as it takes the weight. Try setting the trailer pin on a rigid tripod . The flex in the trailer frame between being supported by the landing gear and being supported by the pin is quite amazing.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob

Hi Rob,
                  Does your floor squeak in just a certain area or through out the entire bathroom? Mine only has the squeak just inside the sliding door area, right at the shower. Over by the sink/stool is fine.

yes, a lot of work removing the shower, which is a reason I have not done it. I figure, it only bothers us at bed time, but entering from the hallway, no squeak. (I do forget sometimes in the night, and get reminded about going the wrong way)Hi Rob,
                  Last edited by Superduty; 01-31-2021, 06:44 PM. Reason: alert Rob
                  Steve
                  2018 Reflection 303
                  Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Quests I’llearn to live with it!😡

Comment

Originally posted by Superduty View Post
                      Cate&Rob

Hi Rob,
                      Does your floor squeak in just a certain area or through out the entire bathroom? Mine only has the squeak just inside the sliding door area, right at the shower. Over by the sink/stool is fine.

yes, a lot of work removing the shower, which is a reason I have not done it. I figure, it only bothers us at bed time, but entering from the hallway, no squeak. (I do forget sometimes in the night, and get reminded about going the wrong way)Hi Rob,
                      Hi Steve,

Ours squeaks in a similar area. Between the sink and the shower. Facing the sink/mirror, it is under my left foot. But, as noted earlier, if I increase the weight on the pin tripod by slightly raising the landing gear, the squeak will become much less or maybe disappear.

Rob
                      Cate & Rob
                      2015 Reflection 303RLS
                      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks Rob.
                        I wonder if anyone has remove their shower and if so, walking through there with the shower removed, is the squeak still there? That would solve the question, “Is it the Shower”

At this point, unless a issue comes up, I doubt I pull the shower. Too much work.

Stay warm up there.

Steve
                        2018 Reflection 303
                        Diesel, Star White.

Comment

The problem is GD does NOT SCREW and GLUE down the elevated bath, foyer OSB decking.
                          They use barbed staples and after a lot of up and down weighted-action, they wear out the hole in the attachment point and squeak.
                          One poster recommended WD-40 sprayed on the joist tops but this is only temporary because the WD-40 lubricates the barb's friction.... for a time.

I think the only solution is to cut away the flooring along all the perimeter and SCREW the OSB down every six-eight inches !!
                          Re-glue the lino down , a couple of staples here and there... and you're done.

When I get some energy I plan on doing just this !!

Michael
                          F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat LB 25 row aux transmission cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 Performance chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks, 152 K

2017 307 MKS 9,875 UVW 12,995 GVWR 1,605 Pin wt.

Comment

Originally posted by Superduty View Post
                            Rob,
                            Thanks. I knew it wasn't going to be easy. I was worried about the glass removal, hoping it would all come out in one piece with the frame.
                            Does your 303 floor squeak?
                            (I tried to find installation instruction for the shower on the internet, but struck out).

JCR,
                            I thought about the foam. But if I ever really needed to pull the shower out, it was be a mess where the foam was sprayed.

I knew it was not going to be a fun project, thats why I think i will wait until the end of the season to pull it out. I just hate that squeaky floor.

Steve
                            There is a way to do the foam and not have a mess later. Spray the foam into plastic bags. You just need to get the bag about where you want and have an extension tube on the foam gun. I used this trick to ship a 75 lb sickle mower head. Placed the bags where I needed to contain the head in the wood crate and foamed away. Bags expanded with the foam creating a cradle. It worked so well it came back the same way.

Something that might work are newspaper bags (long and skinny) Easy to snake into place. You might want to practice on how much foam to use.
                            Hope this helps
                            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

[QUOTE=Yoda;n42186]

Steve
                              There is a way to do the foam and not have a mess later. Spray the foam into plastic bags.
                              Something that might work are newspaper bags (long and skinny) Easy to snake into place.

Keith,
                              Hum. I like both ideas.
                              I will have to look into this later early spring (weather isn’t exactly nice currently).
                              I also thought if I remove the shower doors, and the top rail they slide on, if it would allow a little “give” upwards on the base- which might let me slide a thin board or something under the foam spacer. Currently, there is no give on the base.
                              I still feel the foam board is casing the squeaking issue. I would like just to replace the foam with a board, but Im not going to pull the shower unless I need to down the road.

Da Breeze Another option. Let us know once you complete this Mod. And of course, pictures please of the working.
                              Steve
                              2018 Reflection 303
                              Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Working...
                              X