2022 22MLE Bathroom Remodel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 22MLE Bathroom Remodel

So, the bathroom in our 22ME is essentially the same as the bathroom in our 17MKE and the sink faucet in both are barely workable, at least for us. In the 17MKE we changed out the faucet for a taller model that helped some, but we decided to go a little further in our 22MLE.

Yesterday we pulled the sink and faucet and added backsplash, shower curtain (decorative only, the door is still there), new faucet and new sink. It wasn't "plug and play" as I needed to plug the holes where the original faucet was and drill a new hole for the new faucet. The OEM water lines did not fit the new faucet lines, so I shortened them and added couplers. The sink hole did not need modification as the oval of the new bowl set right in. It isn't as long as the original but between the drain line and the caulking around the base, it is pretty solid. I will keep an eye on it and if it moves, I can add some construction grade silicon from beneath to bond it to the counter.

Here are a few pictures with a before shot.

Last edited by howson; 02-05-2022, 06:50 AM. Reason: Added modification tag -- you know this one is going on the list! (Nice work, Paul.).
    Paul and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Paul & Deb wow that came out really nice. Looks like a big improvement in functionality. Looks like it should have come that way.
    Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
    2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
    2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
    Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Very, very nice, great upgrade.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Wow - I can't wait to see it in person later this month! The pictures look awesome. Are you gonna pull it to Quartzsite with your Buick? LOL.

Jim.
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
          Wow - I can't wait to see it in person later this month! The pictures look awesome. Are you gonna pull it to Quartzsite with your Buick? LOL.

Jim.
          The Buick would have no trouble pulling it but the rear suspension would need some modification. Hmm!
          Paul and Deb Cervone
          2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
          2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

That's some high class stuff. Should be featured in Fortune Magazine.
            Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Nicely done, Paul !
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Absolutely very nice.....well done Paul ! I'm not going to show this to Carol !

Dan
                Dan & Carol
                2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

GDRV-Emily GDRV-Megan GDRV-Mariah

Take a look at this 2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE bathroom upgrade. Wouldn't this be a nice touch in all units?

​​​​​​​Jim
                  Jim and Ginnie
                  2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                  GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                  GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Wow! Looks Great! New to the forum but have had our 22mle almost a year now. Any chance you wouldn't mind sharing the sink and faucet you used?

Thanks!

Gary and Meagan
                    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                    2018 Ford F150 3.5L V6 Max Tow Package

Comment

Originally posted by garycramer View Post
                      Wow! Looks Great! New to the forum but have had our 22mle almost a year now. Any chance you wouldn't mind sharing the sink and faucet you used?

Thanks!
                      Welcome to the forum Gary and Meagan. It's the best place on the internet to learn anything you might want to know about Grand Design trailers for certain.

I bought both the sink and the faucet from Amazon. The bowl was my second attempt. The first bowl was solid porcelain and just way too heavy. This bowl is very light weight, porcelain coated steel.

Monarch Abode Classic White 19004 Hand Hammered Skirted Vessel Bathroom Sink (17 inches)

MYHB 360° Swivel Oil Rubbed Bronze Bathroom Vessel Sink Faucet with POP UP Drain Single Handle Lever Bowl Tap Mixer.

This is April 2024, so 2 years after this remodel, and I'm editing this to say that this Monarch sink did not hold up well. It started with a small chip near the drain, which we tried to use porcelain paint on but soon "spread" and even rust. Very disappointing. We have just replaced it with a new, real porcelain sink. A little heavier but much nicer.

Last edited by Paul & Deb; 04-08-2024, 06:38 PM.
                      Paul and Deb Cervone
                      2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                      2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

I came back to post a closeup of the sink and to add a couple photos of the new cabinet door handles we added yesterday that match the faucet. The sink was the second one I bought but I sent the first one back because it was solid porcelain and way too heavy for this application. This bowl is super light and is porcelain coated steel.

Paul and Deb Cervone
                        2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                        2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Your renovation looks great! So great that my wife went out and bought tile to put behind our sink as well.
                          My question to you is: What type of mastic did you use, and did you rough up the vinyl wallpaper first?
                          Craig & Verna
                          2017 Ford Expedition
                          2022 XLS 22MLE

Comment

I question if it's https://www.homedepot.com/p/Fasade-V...9-00/312682227 vs tile.
                            Joseph
                            Tow
                            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                            South of Houston Texas

Comment

The remodel looks terrific. Does it really help functionality of using the sink. In the original setup the mirror cabinet blocks one from getting their head over the sink unless you’re 4’ tall. Does this remodel fix that problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X