2019 grand design 2800BH dining table conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 grand design 2800BH dining table conversion

My 2800BH came with dining table which bolt into floor. Bolts start to get loose keep coming out. New grand design comes with dining table with stand with don’t need to bolt in. Without breaking my bank I am looking for cheaper solution either convert existing table to stand alone or get new table from some where else. Any suggestions are appreciated.

faisalloe Welcome to the forum!
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by faisalloe View Post
      My 2800BH came with dining table which bolt into floor. Bolts start to get loose keep coming out. New grand design comes with dining table with stand with don’t need to bolt in. Without breaking my bank I am looking for cheaper solution either convert existing table to stand alone or get new table from some where else. Any suggestions are appreciated.
      Do the bolts actually tighten when reinstalled? If they do, try a dab of blue threadlocker on the bolt threads prior to reinstallation.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Welcome! If you decide to replace, Home Depots website has a lot of choices at good prices. We got one made by International Concepts that was of really good quality.
        Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
        2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
        2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
        2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
        Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Welcome!

Does the dining table fold down? If so fold it down for travel and it should stay tight to the floor.

We have the free standing model and after it came loose from its retaining strap one day during travel. we now fold it while underway. Fortunately it missed the cabinets by a couple inches.

Jim

Comment

Table never moves when strap down like this.
            Attached Files

Comment

Maybe I did not strap our table down correctly one time (looked like your pic) but it came loose where I found it tipped over and about 2 inches from the cabinets. Had it hit the cabinets it would have been a really bad day. Today I use the straps on the base of the table to hold it in place but lower it before travel.

The table used to be difficult to fold down as well but lubricating it with CRC with Teflon made the folding process effortless.

Jim
              Last edited by Guest; 09-01-2022, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
                Maybe I did not strap our table down one time (looked like your pic) but it came loose where I found it tipped over and about 2 inches from the cabinets. Had it hit the cabinets it would have been a really bad day. Today I use the straps on the base of the table to hold it in place but lower it before travel.

The table used to be difficult to fold down as well but lubricating it with CRC with Teflon made the folding process effortless.

Jim
                Yes, It was strapped down from the base (from dealer at pick up) and that's when the damage accorder 1st trip. Would be nice if proper direction were given on this issue. I figured with all that strap it must be meant to go over the table and it work great does not move at all and no need to raze the table when need in route. Simple things that should be in the manual.
                Last edited by Frank L; 09-01-2022, 09:09 AM.

Comment

I supplied a picture to dealer and Grand Design, dealer stated they would share picture with the prep and delivery teams.

Comment

Too bad there is not enough room between the benches to flip it over for travel. This puts the majority of the weight on the floor instead of elevated where it can bang around.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

The screws that secures the receivers for the table legs came loose too on our trailer. A simple twist with a screwdriver fixed that right up though. I can appreciate the desire to have the portable table, the fixed version is certainly not ideal, especially after a few cold beverages loaded with carbs. It can be a tight squeeze . Your best bet might be to ask your dealer if they can get a quote for the OEM folding table from Grand Design, or ask the parts department directly at GD.

Heads up for anyone with the non-portable table with the traditional pipe legs, I don't suggest you travel with the table in the bed configuration unless it is secured from sliding around. We did that our first trip out and the table was on the ground when we got to our destination.
                      2019 Imagine 2400BH
                      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

StephenO

Good input, but note that the OP faisalloe only made one post back in February and hasn't been back since.

Rob
                        Last edited by Cate&Rob; 09-01-2022, 05:44 PM.
                        Cate & Rob
                        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                        2015 Reflection 303RLS
                        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                          StephenO

Good input, but note the the OP faisalloe only made one post back in February and hasn't been back since.

Rob
                          D'oh! It's always in the fine print. Thanks for the heads up Rob, and hopefully the OP got what they needed!
                          2019 Imagine 2400BH

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post

Welcome to the forum!

The screws that secures the receivers for the table legs came loose too on our trailer. A simple twist with a screwdriver fixed that right up though. I can appreciate the desire to have the portable table, the fixed version is certainly not ideal, especially after a few cold beverages loaded with carbs. It can be a tight squeeze . Your best bet might be to ask your dealer if they can get a quote for the OEM folding table from Grand Design, or ask the parts department directly at GD.

Heads up for anyone with the non-portable table with the traditional pipe legs, I don't suggest you travel with the table in the bed configuration unless it is secured from sliding around. We did that our first trip out and the table was on the ground when we got to our destination.
                            StephenO,

With the straps on the base and the table folded down it is rock solid with the center of gravity being much lower.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

StephenO,

With the straps on the base and the table folded down it is rock solid with the center of gravity being much lower.

Jim
                              Thanks Jim, I wish it was that easy, but our trailer didn't come with the free standing table. Ours came with a table that I would consider is more the traditional style, with the removable 'pipe' pegs and the receiver base secured to the floor. I can't find a good picture of it, but here is a picture of the base hardware for reference.

Click image for larger version

Name:	690081_2.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	93860

Click image for larger version

Name:	media.nl?id=602755&c=3598857&h=PPe6TdABQf-ZxWVQ1JWwz_hJreX7DZ1dHosut_TrSDSqOhW-.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	93861
                              2019 Imagine 2400BH

Comment

Working...
                              X