Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 376THS garage floor / motorcycle wheel chock

Moderator note: don't skip over post 9 that shows a solution! -Howard

Hello everyone. I am curious to know how other 376ths owners have secured a wheel chock for a motorcycle front wheel to the floor of a 376ths garage. Thanks a bunch for any insight.
    Last edited by howson; 03-22-2023, 12:58 PM.

Originally posted by btolbard View Post
    Hello everyone. I am curious to know how other 376ths owners have secured a wheel chock for a motorcycle front wheel to the floor of a 376ths garage. Thanks a bunch for any insight.
    It's not a 376THS, but check out this thread for some ideas: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...-hauling-ideas

I found that thread by typing in motorcycle site:gdrvowners.com into DuckDuckGo (works in Google, too). There's other threads in the results that may interest you, too.

If you'd like to learn more tips and tricks, check out the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you for the info.

Comment

d2reid

Do you have anything to add to help this owner?

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Hi again. Does anyone know if the garage floor of the 376THS is plywood or OSB and 5/8" or 3/4"? Thanks for any replies.

Comment

I just spoke with GD Customer Service. They tell me the garage floor in the 376THS is 5/8" plywood.

Comment

Originally posted by btolbard View Post
              btolbard Not sure what type of motorcycle you plan to haul, but I secure a BMW R1200GS (approx 550 lbs) in the garage of our 320G using a HF wheel chock simply sitting on a 1/2” thick rubber mat on the garage floor. (The chock is not mounted to the garage floor in any way.) I use ratcheting tie downs with soft ties front and rear. The bike is perfectly stable / does not move and we hauled it about 6000 miles last year over all kinds of rough interstate highways, etc. Obviously not mounting it to the garage floor makes it simple to move the chock out of the way while camping.
              Chuck & Vicki
              2021 Momentum 320G w/ 8,000 lb axles & disc brakes
              VIN: 573FM3822M1119697
              2020 Ram Laramie 3500 w/ Cummins 6.7L turbo diesel, 4 x 4, SRW, short bed, air suspension, Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Comment

Thank you very much for your guidance.

Comment

Hi btobard,
                  We have a 397TH and have added threaded inserts in our floor to attach our "BikePro" chocks. When we are not hauling the bikes, we remove the chocks from the garage. The inserts I used were 1/2" OD x 3/8"-16 ID. The inserts are threaded on the outside (max diameter of .594") and when installed are flush to the floor. These type of chocks work great for one person loading as once the motorcycle is "locked" into the chock, the chock will hold the bike upright for tie down and also releasing when you get to your destination. The BikePro chocks are no longer available, or at least I can't find them on the internet anywhere. There are similar chocks available on Amazon. I am including a pic of our chocks installed and a link to McMaster-Carr where I got my inserts from. They are brass inserts as I wanted those so they would not corrode if they got wet from garage traffic. Good luck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190803_165528.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	108756

Brass Tapping Inserts for Hardwood, 3/8"-16 Thread Size | McMaster-Carr

Comment

Working...
                  X