Interior wall stability XLS 22MLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior wall stability XLS 22MLE

I will be picking up my 2022 GD Imagine XLS 22MLE soon and while getting my pre pick up tour, discovered that the rounded wall that separates the bathroom from the rest of the trailer, which has the thermostat on it, is very "soft". It seems like a thin veneer and actually flexes when you adjust the thermostat's touchpad. This is disturbing. I was wondering if other 22MLE owners have found this on their own trailers, or whether some sort of insulation/foam was supposed to be placed between the bathroom panel and the cabin panel but was omitted on my trailer during construction?
    Is the bulkhead supposed to be this flexible? Any comments would be appreciated.
    CD
    Craig & Verna
    2017 Ford Expedition
    2022 XLS 22MLE

The curved bulkhead is very flexible on my trailer so I'm pretty sure that is the way they are.
    2019 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel
    2019 Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Paul & Deb -- is your Imagine the same as Craig D. 's? (I tend to agree with BC315RLTS -- the walls are very thin to save weight. It's likely just a thin piece of luan.)
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The wall in our Reflection 303 is the same way. The Luan wall panels are literally 1/8" or slightly thicker paneling to help save weight. Would have been nice if there was some type of foam insulation in there.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

For those of you who have the same thin wall, is your touchscreen thermostat control mounted on it?
          If so, how has the wall held up since you bought the trailer?
          Craig & Verna
          2017 Ford Expedition
          2022 XLS 22MLE

Comment

Originally posted by Craig D. View Post
            For those of you who have the same thin wall, is your touchscreen thermostat control mounted on it?
            We’ve noticed this too when adjusting the thermostat but it hasn’t been an issue and we’ve had our 22mle since Nov 2019.
            2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L
            2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
            Andersen WDH
            Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
            2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
            2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Comment

Originally posted by Craig D. View Post
              Don't overthink this, it seems flimsy if you press on it but it's a non-issue. It doesn't even move when you adjust the thermostat. We've had ours since October and camped in it at least 6 times and I literally had to go outside and press on the wall to see what you all are referring to before I noticed it.
              Paul and Deb Cervone
              2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
              2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
              2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

We’ve had ours 2 weeks and have also been concerned about this. the thermostat is so loosely attached. We were able to tighten it up once but it will not tighten now.

Comment

Originally posted by mgcashion View Post
                  We’ve had ours 2 weeks and have also been concerned about this. the thermostat is so loosely attached. We were able to tighten it up once but it will not tighten now.
                  Hello and welcome to the forum. If you're a DIY'er (the majority of the members here) consider inserting two plastic wall anchors (where the screws are in the wall now) to give those screws something to bite into. If unsure of the size needed, take a sample screw to the local hardware store and they should be able to help select the appropriate anchor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wall Anchor (Mobile).JPG
Views:	235
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	82717

Please take a moment to check out the Welcome Letter to New Members if you'd like to know more about this forum: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                  X