New 2022 Grand Design Imagine 2910BH Interior Quality Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2022 Grand Design Imagine 2910BH Interior Quality Questions

Just picked up a new 2022 Imagine 2910BH and have Been reading over this site for the past month once I decided to make the purchase. There are a few interior quality details I wanted to ask about before I make an appointment at the dealership to have them fixed. Hoping they can be repaired by me instead of having to wait a month and a half for an appointment, which is what the dealership says the wait is to get in for anything.

First, the sliding barn door into the bunks fell off the track when we first looked at the unit. It was only the back that fell off the track, so the door was still attached at the front. Didn't bother me, but once we agreed to buy the dealership said they would fix it. On walkthrough the day of pickup, it was fixed and working correctly. As soon as I got it home, the door was back off the latch in the back. I did a little research and found that the latch and track are made by Johnson Hardware. When trying to attach the back end, I can see how the latch system works, but there doesn't appear to be any lock to keep everything in place. It's just a little level that slides over the post that's attached to the door, but it moves freely. Seems like something that will just keep happening over and over. Does anyone know of a way to fix this, or is it just the way it's designed?

Second, one of the kitchen cabinet doors is not flush on the top when compared to the door next to it. It's flush at the bottom, but not the top. I tried to attach a picture, but its not formatted correctly. Anyone know if there is a specific adjustment to fix that, or is the wood warped? I tried the adjustment screws on the door, but none seemed to change that.

Thanks and looking forward to learning more from this site. We decided on a Grand Design because of the reputation of quality and customer service, and this site has been great since we decided to buy. I've already learned a lot.

2021 Ford F1-50 Lariat Powerboost
    2022 Grand Design Imagine 2910BH

LHoffmanjr22 -- wish I could help with your specific concerns but I do not have any experience with the issues.

Please take a moment and fill out your signature line as mentioned in the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Also, thanks for the feedback on the forum.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by LHoffmanjr22 View Post
      Just picked up a new 2022 Imagine 2910BH and have Been reading over this site for the past month once I decided to make the purchase. There are a few interior quality details I wanted to ask about before I make an appointment at the dealership to have them fixed. Hoping they can be repaired by me instead of having to wait a month and a half for an appointment, which is what the dealership says the wait is to get in for anything.

First, the sliding barn door into the bunks fell off the track when we first looked at the unit. It was only the back that fell off the track, so the door was still attached at the front. Didn't bother me, but once we agreed to buy the dealership said they would fix it. On walkthrough the day of pickup, it was fixed and working correctly. As soon as I got it home, the door was back off the latch in the back. I did a little research and found that the latch and track are made by Johnson Hardware. When trying to attach the back end, I can see how the latch system works, but there doesn't appear to be any lock to keep everything in place. It's just a little level that slides over the post that's attached to the door, but it moves freely. Seems like something that will just keep happening over and over. Does anyone know of a way to fix this, or is it just the way it's designed?

Second, one of the kitchen cabinet doors is not flush on the top when compared to the door next to it. It's flush at the bottom, but not the top. I tried to attach a picture, but its not formatted correctly. Anyone know if there is a specific adjustment to fix that, or is the wood warped? I tried the adjustment screws on the door, but none seemed to change that.

Thanks and looking forward to learning more from this site. We decided on a Grand Design because of the reputation of quality and customer service, and this site has been great since we decided to buy. I've already learned a lot.
      Regarding the barn door. Since the dealer "fixed" it and it happened again, there may indeed be a flaw with the design. I'd recommend you call GDRV customer service at 574-825-9679 to inform them of the problem. I'm heading to the Tucson rally this afternoon, and If I encounter another Imagine with the barn door, I'll get some photos of the hardware to share with you, and I'll see if the owners have a similar problem.

About the cabinet door. I'd recommend you remove the door and place it on a flat surface. If it rocks, it's warped and needs to be replaced. GDRV is typically very good about shipping you interior components to replace yourself if ou're still under warranty. I'd take two photos of the door, one that shows the gap, and one that shows the warping on a flat surface. GDRV may ask for the photos before providing a replacement. One final thing. You may be able to locate the door part number to make reordering more simple. Just click on the "Parts Lookup (External Link)" tab at the top of this page.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
        LHoffmanjr22 -- wish I could help with your specific concerns but I do not have any experience with the issues.

Please take a moment and fill out your signature line as mentioned in the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Also, thanks for the feedback on the forum.

Howard
        Just did. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Regarding the barn door. Since the dealer "fixed" it and it happened again, there may indeed be a flaw with the design. I'd recommend you call GDRV customer service at 574-825-9679 to inform them of the problem. I'm heading to the Tucson rally this afternoon, and If I encounter another Imagine with the barn door, I'll get some photos of the hardware to share with you, and I'll see if the owners have a similar problem.

About the cabinet door. I'd recommend you remove the door and place it on a flat surface. If it rocks, it's warped and needs to be replaced. GDRV is typically very good about shipping you interior components to replace yourself if ou're still under warranty. I'd take two photos of the door, one that shows the gap, and one that shows the warping on a flat surface. GDRV may ask for the photos before providing a replacement. One final thing. You may be able to locate the door part number to make reordering more simple. Just click on the "Parts Lookup (External Link)" tab at the top of this page.

Jim
          Thank you! I really do appreciate the advice and your willingness to ask. I am looking forward to eventually going to an owners rally. Seems like one of the best places to get ideas and tips, as well as help when learning a new trailer.

Comment

If your door looks like mine did after the first trip...
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Barn Door Fail.JPG Views:	8 Size:	50.5 KB ID:	83215

I drilled a hole through a wine bottle cork and shaped it a bit to fit the inner contour of the door track. After drilling a pilot hole through the track, I screwed the cork through the top of the track to make a bump stop for the back of the door.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Barn Door Stop.JPG Views:	9 Size:	59.8 KB ID:	83216

I also found the 2"x2" header that the track was hung on to be somewhat less than secure so I removed the valence (three screws across the face) and added 3 larger screws through the header into the wall framing... now its solid.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Barn Door Header.JPG Views:	9 Size:	106.4 KB ID:	83217

Hope this helps...

Mike
            Last edited by NoPeeking; 04-25-2022, 08:48 PM.
            Mike & Sonya
            2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
            Blue Ox SwayPro
            2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

LHoffmanjr22

I would add to make an appointment with your dealer at about the 2 month mark, this way if you have a few issues that need resolved you will already have a schedule, just don't let them keep it for 2 months. If there is anything major that comes up you will be ready.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Removing the header and the retainer at the floor is easy in removing the door for inspection. After having my door unsuccessfully repaired, I removed it and found one of the locking mechanisms installed backward that allowed the lock lever to move out of place. The cork and screw method in post #6 is also a good idea.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                  LHoffmanjr22

I would add to make an appointment with your dealer at about the 2 month mark, this way if you have a few issues that need resolved you will already have a schedule, just don't let them keep it for 2 months. If there is anything major that comes up you will be ready.

Brian
                  That is a great idea. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by NoPeeking View Post

If your door looks like mine did after the first trip...
                    Click image for larger version Name:	Barn Door Fail.JPG Views:	8 Size:	50.5 KB ID:	83215

I drilled a hole through a wine bottle cork and shaped it a bit to fit the inner contour of the door track. After drilling a pilot hole through the track, I screwed the cork through the top of the track to make a bump stop for the back of the door.
                    Click image for larger version Name:	Barn Door Stop.JPG Views:	9 Size:	59.8 KB ID:	83216

I also found the 2"x2" header that the track was hung on to be somewhat less than secure so I removed the valence (three screws across the face) and added 3 larger screws through the header into the wall framing... now its solid.
                    Click image for larger version Name:	Barn Door Header.JPG Views:	9 Size:	106.4 KB ID:	83217

Hope this helps...

Mike
                    I'll have to get the tools out and start looking at mine in the same way. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
                      Removing the header and the retainer at the floor is easy in removing the door for inspection. After having my door unsuccessfully repaired, I removed it and found one of the locking mechanisms installed backward that allowed the lock lever to move out of place. The cork and screw method in post #6 is also a good idea.

Jim
                      I tried to look between the space in the header to see how it was installed, but couldn't get a clear look. I'll have to take off the header and compare the problem one to others to see how they are installed. Thanks!

Comment

So I just talked to a GDRV mobile tech. He said he's seen a few where the stop is missing. You can make your own or call GDRV customer service for one.

Jim
                        Jim and Ginnie
                        2024 Solitude 310GK
                        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                          So I just talked to a GDRV mobile tech. He said he's seen a few where the stop is missing. You can make your own or call GDRV customer service for one.

Jim
                          Thank you!

Comment

If you can get a picture of the cabinet door, it would help. If you are meaning that the door is not sitting flat against the cabinet along the non hinge side, there is typically an adjustment on the hinge for moving them in or out. You may need to move the bottom out a touch and the top in a touch to make the non hinge side close to the face of the cabinet. Hopefully there is not another door on the hinge side or open to easy view as this can lead to an uneven gap along that edge.
                            Joseph
                            Tow
                            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                            South of Houston Texas

Comment

NoPeeking

I'll have to get the tools out and start looking at mine in the same way. Thanks!
                              I have had issues with the barn door in our Imagine 2400BH as well. I have not made any true modification to it, but I have put it back on (one attachment would disconnect) a couple of times. I have tried to basically just adjust it and it seems to be working better now. Maybe a little tight on my adjustment because when closer to closed it is a little stiffer in the slide....

Of course we always travel with the strap to secure it in place.

Have not had an issue since the last adjustment and have probably 40+ hours towing since the last adjustment.
                              2020 Imagine 2400BH
                              2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X