278BH bunkhouse gap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 278BH bunkhouse gap

We just purchased our first GD and love it so far. As we were setting it up we noticed a large opening under the bottom bunkhouse bed that opens up to the rear storage compartment. Concerned that critters and such could get in. Should this have been sealed off or should we be closing that somehow?
    Attached Files

Nspence I have a 2018 28BH which has the same bunkroom and rear storage. I am positive mine is closed off. If you are handy I would suggest a piece of plywood cut to fit the area painted to match the wall below (looks like you are painting that anyway judging by the masking tape).
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Nspence Welcome to the family and the forum!
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

My 2021 278BH has that as well. I assumed it was there to allow for some level of climate control to the rear storage area. I wouldn't be to concerned about critters unless you are in the habit of leaving the rear storage hatch opened.
        2021 Reflection 278BH
        2002 GMC 2500HD

Comment

Working...
        X