Solitude / Momentum stud map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solitude / Momentum stud map

Looked for a bit and didn't find my answer, but was probably in the next post that I didn't look at.
    I'm getting ready to begin mounting stuff to the front wall of the big pass thru and if I'm going to secure stuff, it's gonna be secure. I tried removing the visible screws on the road side half of that front wall and couldn't get anything to budge to where I could get a look behind to where I could mark the vertical studs. Is that that is available on the drawings of it, or is their a special way to remove that front wall to get behind it? I am probably going to end up moving the battery semi-disconnect switch and want the best solution for that one also. I noticed what appeared to be small nails at a few points but didn't try to dig them out. I will go back at it later part of the weekend with more time and better lighting, but any tips in the meantime will be much appreciated.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

I've never actually removed the front wall, only the rear one. I can tell you the cables to and from the disconnect are not strapped down (at least they weren't in mine). I unhooked them from the switch and was easily able to pull the cables back to the front bay.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
      Looked for a bit and didn't find my answer, but was probably in the next post that I didn't look at.
      I'm getting ready to begin mounting stuff to the front wall of the big pass thru and if I'm going to secure stuff, it's gonna be secure. I tried removing the visible screws on the road side half of that front wall and couldn't get anything to budge to where I could get a look behind to where I could mark the vertical studs. Is that that is available on the drawings of it, or is their a special way to remove that front wall to get behind it? I am probably going to end up moving the battery semi-disconnect switch and want the best solution for that one also. I noticed what appeared to be small nails at a few points but didn't try to dig them out. I will go back at it later part of the weekend with more time and better lighting, but any tips in the meantime will be much appreciated.
      If you talking about the wall between the pass through and the front bay I don't think it can be removed. I believe it is sealed. A good stud finder will work. GD also may be able to provide a diagram. Give them a call and have your vin number handy.
      Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
        If you talking about the wall between the pass through and the front bay I don't think it can be removed. I believe it is sealed.
        Is that because of the propane tank storage location, Keith? The wall I think Jerry's referencing is the red line in the pic I snagged online. The arrow points to the propane tank bay.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wall propane.JPG
Views:	250
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	83556
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Is that because of the propane tank storage location, Keith? The wall I think Jerry's referencing is the red line in the pic I snagged online. The arrow points to the propane tank bay.

Click image for larger version  Name:	wall propane.JPG Views:	0 Size:	55.0 KB ID:	83556
          Not 100% sure but it is probably the propane bays. Now on my unit much of the supporting structure for that wall (steel) can be seen from the front bay. Maybe the Solitude is finished differently

ThePowells
          On edit. After looking a a few videos I don't believe there are any studs in that wall. It is one sheet of 5/8" OSB, possible 3/4". What framing there is will be visible from the front bay. You also may be able to see the fasteners. To verify the thickness you can look at the disconnect switch which should be accessible from the front bay too - look for a black plastic cover.

Hope this helps
          Keith
          Last edited by Yoda; 04-29-2022, 01:13 PM.
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda Keith, the back wall of that front bay is covered in the same woven material that is under the slides. I will look better over the weekend and play with it some more and maybe take pics. I just hit a mood and wanted to play with possibilities.
            Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
            Nash County, NC
            2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
              Yoda Keith, the back wall of that front bay is covered in the same woven material that is under the slides. I will look better over the weekend and play with it some more and maybe take pics. I just hit a mood and wanted to play with possibilities.
              Correct - The pass through side has a fabric applied and the front bay side has a waterproof membrane that is found at numerous locations around the trailer. My guess is it is pressure bonded as it is very tough to remove. I tried cutting it off to drill holes, but ended up just drilling through it. The fabric on the other hand appears to be placed using contact cement as it can be pealed back if needed.

Pictures would be good especially of the front bay side.

Keith

Comment

Jerry,

Just remember NOT to drill holes in the propane pass thru tube that is in the upper rear part of the front storage, Yoda Keith know about this and I almost did the same.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I think it is sealed not just for the propane, but also the potential of a generator being installed, and flooded lead acid batteries. I would be sure not to leave any unfilled openings.
                  Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
                  2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
                  2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
                  2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
                  Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Working...
                  X