Buckling trim: 2022 Imagine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckling trim: 2022 Imagine

Where I live, my RV goes through daily heat cycles of up to 50 degrees. Part of the fun of living in the desert. Anyways, I notice substantial buckling of the plastic "wood grain" trim pieces on the door openings. Has anyone else seen this? It's rather unsightly, especially on the bedroom door where the adhesive behind the trim has led to an uneven, wavy appearance. Wondering if this is something I just need to glue the heck out of or if there's a different solution.
    Attached Files
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    2016 Sierra Denali 1500

I haven't seen that in mine (yet)... have to say, that would annoy me to no end. I would seek replacement either through your dealer or GD directly. Interested to see if others have similar issues.

Mike
    Mike & Sonya
    2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
    Blue Ox SwayPro
    2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Tagging TucsonJim on this.
      (Jim is our moderator expert on what desert temperature cycles can do to interior trim)
      Jim is rather busy right now hosting the Phoenix Rally . . . so, it may take a while for him to reply.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by NoPeeking View Post
        I haven't seen that in mine (yet)... have to say, that would annoy me to no end. I would seek replacement either through your dealer or GD directly. Interested to see if others have similar issues.

Mike
        Yeah, my list of dealer things is starting to get fairly long unfortunately. I'd rather just get the stuff and fix it myself but every call into GD is "take it to the dealer." I've actually had much better luck so far with this new trailer going direct to manufacturers for things that needed attention.
        2022 Imagine 2600RB
        2016 Sierra Denali 1500

Comment

Originally posted by uwskier View Post

Yeah, my list of dealer things is starting to get fairly long unfortunately. I'd rather just get the stuff and fix it myself but every call into GD is "take it to the dealer." I've actually had much better luck so far with this new trailer going direct to manufacturers for things that needed attention.
          It was just installed too tight. Get one of those Japanese flush cut pull saws (very thin flexible saw (HD and Lowes have then.) Then at the very bottom of the trim next the the floor, do a cut. Go SLOW. Tape off the floor and trim before doing this (use frog tape (blue or green)0. That should create enough relieve. Be careful removing the table. Do not pull up from the bottom as there is a chance the plastic vernier can be removed. Start at the top and carefully remove towards the floor.

I am sure there are probably U-Tube videos on this too. OR remove the entire trim piece and use a miter box to take a bit off one end.

Good luck
          Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yes, both doors and inside the front storage are all coming off... either cut a fraction too long or the brad nails are pulling through. I talked to the dealer and they said the tech will put it back on with a brad nailer, meaning, they will come off again... since there is no adhesive on the trim, they are not going to stay.... guess I'll be making this repair

Comment

If they are a touch too long, try trimming them with a razor knife or if possible a Japanese trim saw. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=japanese+..._ts-doa-p_2_13

You may need to use some type of thick paper on the floor, tape it to the saw and let it slide so the saw does not tear up the floor.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

uwskier I had the same problem with our 2600RB. Trim was too long. A small pair of scissors and some care was used to shorten the trim piece. No problems since.

Dave
                flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

I managed to fix 3 of the 4. I have an oscillating tool and put a plunge cut blade on it. Took about a half to 3/4 of a cm off the bottom of each, then pulled it off almost completely and reattached with some Loc-tite instant bonding adhesive. This worked on all the openings except for the one into the bedroom that has the magnet plate on it. It seems that these things need to be able to float and move a bit and screwing the plate onto it doesn't allow that. That one looks like crap. All wavy and ugly. Going to see if GD will send me a new strip.
                  2022 Imagine 2600RB
                  2016 Sierra Denali 1500

Comment

Working...
                  X