Noisy bath deck - 2022 28BH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy bath deck - 2022 28BH

Hi All, I know that the moderators spent some time at the factory and was wondering if they came back with any silver bullets for the notorious squeaking 5th wheel bath decks that seem to plague the GD 5th wheel bath decks?? I have seen very little if any resolutions floating around on the internet for this issue.

Thanks
    Al
    Al and Diane

2022 28BH - (6) Chins 100AH, MultiPlus 2, (2) 100/30CC, 1.4KW solar
    RAM 2019 2500 Cummins crew cab short bed
    PullRite SuperGlide

Cate&Rob, Country Campers , TucsonJim or ncitro -- I don't remember anything specific on this issue. Can any of you answer allenrude ?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I did not hear of any results of the "squeaky floor" issue, I would guess that this will continue as it is, there is really not much they can do with wood on aluminum.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Hi Al,

Agreed that this is a chronic situation that has existed for years. It did not come up during our recent sessions at Grand Design.
        It has to do with the flex of the front end of the trailer, so shims and fasteners don’t seem to offer permanent solutions. I can change the amount and location of the squeak in mine, by how much weight I put on the pin tripod.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by allenrude View Post
          Hi All, I know that the moderators spent some time at the factory and was wondering if they came back with any silver bullets for the notorious squeaking 5th wheel bath decks that seem to plague the GD 5th wheel bath decks?? I have seen very little if any resolutions floating around on the internet for this issue.

Thanks
          Al
          Al are you talking about the bath floor? If you have access to it via the pass through you can try injecting polyurethane or other flexible glue between the framing and the floor.I have done this on my house floors. I used the hobby syringes, but for the thicker glues search amazon. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=glue+inje...f=nb_sb_noss_1 You want a glue that works with wood and aluminum.

The glue needs to remain flexible when cured, so there are various ones that can be used. the higher pressure the tool the better to fill the small voids. On the house I used wood shims to give me room to inject, then removed once glue was placed.

Something to possibly try.
          Keith

2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Hi All,

thanks for the feedback. Yes appears to be one of those issues that we may have to learn to live with. Disconcerting to have a new coach with squeaks like this. Not sure i would have gone this route if I had known there were systemic issues without resolutions.

thanks for the feedback..Al
            Al and Diane

2022 28BH - (6) Chins 100AH, MultiPlus 2, (2) 100/30CC, 1.4KW solar
            RAM 2019 2500 Cummins crew cab short bed
            PullRite SuperGlide

Comment

Working...
            X