2022 MBS378-R Shower Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 MBS378-R Shower Leak

Anyone experience a shower leak where the water goes into the bedroom? Brand new 2022 model.

Since the shower controls are on a common wall with your bedroom that would be my first look (assuming the floorplan I saw was correct)
    On my 337RLS the shower control assy had to be taken apart and the unit sealed. Mine had water getting behind the outer cover and leaking down the wall. I removed the handles, removed the hose and then the cover. If the holes in the wall where the water line comes are wet then that will be the culprit. Not sure what faucet you have but mine was pretty basic. I caulked the holes in the wall and then the entire inside of the cover around the outer edge. Its been good for almost 2 yrs since. I looked through all my old pics but cant find any that I took of the repair.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

I agree that the shower controls would be the first place to look.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I think the shower controls are on the opposite side from the bedroom if I remember correctly from when we bought ours. Haven't taken delivery yet so can't check but pretty sure they are by the linen cabinet opposite the bedroom wall.

Could be the teak seat attachment that is leaking though. It is on the bedroom wall.

Rob
        Rob & Barb
        2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
        2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Rob that is correct the seat is on that wall. I’ll double check that next time.

thanks

Comment

Hi Mike

Did you ever find the source of you leak? We are on our gorst trip and my shower is leaking into the front storage compartment. My teak seat seems to have foam seals on it and it doesn't seem to be the drain. I also checked the taps and it is all dry there. Has me puzzled right now. Besides taking every screw out and sealing which I probably should do this one is puzzling.

Please let me know if you solved yours and what it was.

Thanks
            Rob
            Rob & Barb
            2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

I did find the leak. Had to take the full body shower unit off and tighten the supply lines with a wrench. I can only assume they were handed tightened and eventually came loose.

Comment

Also put silicon on the inside of the shower where the track is as water was coming underneath. Lots of fun for a brand new camper. I can only assume nobody put silicon under the track when installing it.

Comment

Michael Berens -- thanks for the follow-up.
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Michael Berens thanks for the update and glad you found the leak. I think (hope) I found mine. I removed the globs of silicone on the screw heads and the track, where the track meets the wall rails and re-did the job correctly. The globs left gaps where leaks could happen. I also took out all of the screws first and applied silicone to the threads before putting them back in. I siliconed the seat screw thread and applied silicone to the top of the bracket and plastic cap. Tightened all of the fittings on the back of the shower head (none loose) and caulked the shower head as well.

Had 3 showers in a row and no water leak that I could tell so hopefully I got it.

Thanks for the responses.
                    Rob
                    Rob & Barb
                    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Berens View Post
                      Also put silicon on the inside of the shower where the track is as water was coming underneath. Lots of fun for a brand new camper. I can only assume nobody put silicon under the track when installing it.
                      Mine was the same way. Leaking like a flood onto the bathroom floor. Dealer caulked the inside edge to "fix" it. Pretty shoddy work and/or design for the half round showers.
                      Mark & Yvonne
                      2022 Reflection 303RLS
                      2021 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LTZ
                      B&M turnover ball
                      Blue Ox Gooseneck-to-5th-Wheel Trailer Hitch Adapter

Comment

Working...
                      X