Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recliner "leather" falling apart

2017 Reflection 315rlts
    2 years old but not near 2 years of wear.
    "leather" is falling apart.
    1 year manufacturer warranty. But they'll sell you new junk at 50% off.

Originally posted by Bcedar View Post
    2017 Reflection 315rlts
    2 years old but not near 2 years of wear.
    "leather" is falling apart.
    1 year manufacturer warranty. But they'll sell you new junk at 50% off.
    From my too-frequent reading on forums about this problem, all you can get here is sympathy unfortunately.

Our trailer is just about to enter its third year after manufacture, about six-seven months of use, and I'm holding my breath about soon joining you and so many others in this junk-product problem. People frequently report that once it starts going, it goes very fast. I don't remember seeing anyone reporting or proposing a remedy. I do remember some declining Lippert's offer to sell them more junk, and biting the bullet on better-quality furniture. One well-known brand with a good reputation is this one:

http://www.villainternational.com/

There are certainly other options, and there are some videos on YouTube about using "regular" furniture in an RV which may be helpful.

Condolences, and good luck arriving at the best solution for you.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Originally posted by boyscout View Post
      People frequently report that once it starts going, it goes very fast. I don't remember seeing anyone reporting or proposing a remedy.
      LCI's recommendation for care of the furniture fabric to avoid the peeling issue was (one) of my pointed questions for the LCI representatives on a recent tour of their facility in Elkhart. They did not have one.

I do not have empirical evidence to support what I'm going to suggest other than my own personal experience (on my vehicles and now the camper). The video below shows how I care for my vehicles. So far so good...

The video is from the Sweet Project Cars channel on YouTube.

I have no connection with the channel other than as a viewer and subscriber.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I too have this problem - reflection 315rlts. 2020 model. The leather is falling apart. Looks like a dog chair. I was offered 50% off more junk. Still $1000 more or less. Grand design is only frustrating me more. I’m looking for a cost effective solution. I will look at the furniture in the preceding web site.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by awa315rlts View Post
          I too have this problem - reflection 315rlts. 2020 model. The leather is falling apart. Looks like a dog chair. I was offered 50% off more junk. Still $1000 more or less. Grand design is only frustrating me more. I’m looking for a cost effective solution. I will look at the furniture in the preceding web site.
          Wow. I learned this lesson on a leather chair where the leather became lighter in the head area. I learned that hair spray, sweat, sun tan lotion and other chemicals will destroy the surface. Or there is something wrong with your pleather in manufacturing? Why this does not happen to vehicles.....I do not know. The protectant that I purchased after dropping $300 on the repair was from Fibranew. There most likely are a ton of protectants out there. Do you have pets that climb up on the back of the couch?

Jim

Comment

I have had the exact same experience with my theater seats. Same delamination at the top of the back, same left hand chair. Still looking for a fix.
            Gene Moniot
            2006 2500 Ram
            288,000 miles and going strong
            Gene Moniot
            2021 reflection
            2006 Dodge, 300,000 miles

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Moniot View Post
              I have had the exact same experience with my theater seats. Same delamination at the top of the back, same left hand chair. Still looking for a fix.
              Gene Moniot
              2006 2500 Ram
              The only "fix" I'm aware of is replacement of the furniture. To the best of my knowledge once that plether starts peeling it's done.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Gene Moniot
                2006 2500 Ram
                Gene - My 2017 finally started to peel. We replaced it with cloth furniture from RecPro.

Jim
                Jim and Ginnie
                2024 Solitude 310GK
                GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I finally chose to take Lippert up on their offer of 1/2 off replacement furniture. The new chair is of a different material and seems to be heavier and feels different. Hope it really is.
                  Gene Moniot
                  2021 reflection
                  2006 Dodge, 300,000 miles

Comment

I finally chose to take Lippert up on their offer of 1/2 off replacement furniture. The new chair is of a different material and seems to be heavier and feels different. Hope it really is.
                    Will look forward to your opinion after some usage. Hopefully it is a better product.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I have used Meguiars Leather Conditioner on all leather and ultraleather seats since 1995. They usually look like new after ten years.

Unfortunately, this only works if you start when new.

Charles
                      2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

I remember reading about this issue often a few years back when I spent more time here. We finally joined the group with our 2014 Reflection this last winter. We have been lucky to make it this long.

Jack
                        Jack and Jacqui

2023 Solitude 280RK-R
                        2014 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW, B&W Patriot
                        Sold 8/23 - 2014 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Jack -- a 2014! Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack View Post
                            I remember reading about this issue often a few years back when I spent more time here. We finally joined the group with our 2014 Reflection this last winter. We have been lucky to make it this long.

Jack
                            I wish I still had my '14 337. It was a beauty.

Jim
                            Jim and Ginnie
                            2024 Solitude 310GK
                            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I might be saying the same thing. We just traded in our 2014 337RLS on a Solitude 280RK-R. I'm going to be spending way more time in the forum as I learn this new rig. We had some known dislikes that come with a "modern" RV. But, I need to learn all over again.
                              Jack and Jacqui

2023 Solitude 280RK-R
                              2014 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW, B&W Patriot
                              Sold 8/23 - 2014 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Working...
                              X