Foil laminated wood trim pieces bubbling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foil laminated wood trim pieces bubbling

We have a 2021 28bh reflection and 3 months after purchase we noticed the foiled trim pieces in cabinets all over the trailer started bubbling. Manufacturer fix is to cut this piece out and put new tape down, which seems like it would cause more problems down the road. Noticed now our interior door trims are starting now too. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it themselves?

Originally posted by Ameslh View Post
    We have a 2021 28bh reflection and 3 months after purchase we noticed the foiled trim pieces in cabinets all over the trailer started bubbling. Manufacturer fix is to cut this piece out and put new tape down, which seems like it would cause more problems down the road. Noticed now our interior door trims are starting now too. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it themselves?
    We have seen this, some have used an heat gun or hair dryer to get it to lay down flat. Not sure what the reasoning is behind this, maybe high heat or humidity.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Every piece of vinyl covered wood in my coach bubbled. It's typically caused by low humidity. When the underlying wood dries out, the wood shrinks, but the vinyl does not. I was fortunate and mine happened while still under warranty. So all the cabinets were replaced.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I don't know if the vinyl or panel inserts are shrinking, but gaps are appearing where the cabinet panels are inserted into the cabinet frames.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
        X