Bedroom Sliding Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedroom Sliding Door

Our sliding door into the bedroom has come loose and broke the screw that was supposed to prevent it banging into the light switch and thermostat. Does anyone have a recommendation for securing the door to prevent the slamming around? Also need to find a replacement light switch.
    2020 150 Series Reflection 230RLS
    2021 Sliverado 2500HD LT 6.6L Gas

I've had good luck with finding switches on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

You could add a strip of velcro to hold the door while traveling.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I ordered a switch from Amazon as you suggested. Should be delivered Friday. Now to find a way to secure the door.. There was a Screw in the upper rail that was supposed to hold it in place, but it broke off and the subsequent extreme movement of the door caused the snap on strap to come loose. I'm going to Home Depot today to look for a better fastening combination.

Comment

What about something like a https://www.amazon.com/Holsterbuilde...NsaWNrPXRydWU= used for making pistol holster.

There are also ladder straps https://www.amazon.com/EZ-Xtend-Pont...4&sr=8-12&th=1

I wonder to replace the screw: https://www.amazon.com/QCAA-Diameter...jaz10cnVl&th=1
          Joseph
          Tow
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
            You know, I thought about moving the stop to the floor... I didn't because (at least in the 2400bh) there is little passage room between the end of the bed and the wall/barn door. So, when nature calls for my nocturnal perambulation to the other end of the trailer, Murphy dictates my toes will find that wee protrusion in the floor. I went with a beefed-up screw through a cork in the door track. After a season of travel/use, its held up well.

Mike
            Mike & Sonya
            2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
            Blue Ox SwayPro
            2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

I have a Solitude S-Class 3740BH with a similar issue. We bought it used and the sliding doors don’t seem to have a way to secure them, if there is it is not apparent. Maybe something broke off somewhere.
              anyone with any info on securing those closet doors would be appreciated. Pictures would be very much appreciated as well.

Comment

Hopefully I solved the issue by installing an L angled bracket on the sidewall adjacent to the end of the door. Unfortunately, in order to secure the bracket, I had to drill into the back of the bathroom medicine cabinet.

Comment

We bought our Reflection 273MK used, but the original owner had taken a piece of packaging foam and glued it up in the door rail as a door stop to keep it from hitting every thing or moving during travel
                  2023 GD Imagine XLS 23LDE

Comment

I've got the same issue in my 2019 22RBE. It was fine last year, but at some point while moving it over the winter, the strap snapped and the door broke through the top track and put a small hole in the side wall (drivers side). At least it didn't slide the other way and break the thermostat or light switch. There's also nothing keeping it against the wall, which I think is why it's swinging out and not just side to side. I had installed a small bracket into the wall at the back to keep it locked against the wall when strapped in and also from sliding past the track and back into the wall. That held up until this past weekend driving into Maryland. I don't think snap on the strap is holding it tight enough and the door has so much free motion in 4 directions that the strap probably can't hold it. With all the movement, it just rips the bracket i installed right out of the wall. So, now I have a 1" hole on the side wall and 4 screw holes on the wall between the bedroom and the kitchen - where the bracket I installed used to be.

I was thinking of getting some kind of floor guide to keep it against the wall, but I'm not exactly sure what's below that floor section. If I screw into the floor will it hit a water tank or something else? There are some interesting suggestions above. Would anyone mind sharing pictures of what they've done? Maybe even links to parts purchased? Definitely in need of advice on this one.
                    Mike, Claire and Bode (our Golden)
                    2019 Imagine XLS 22RBE
                    2020 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited
                    image.png

Comment

Toots313
                      circusuno
                      or any other owner--anyone have some pictures for mgsmithnj ?
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Just found the attached post on a similar topic (had to use google to find it, oddly). The poster suggests a barn door guide as a more durable solution to the stock plastic guide (that's broken in my unit). May well be worth a shot. I still need to find a way to secure the bracket below to the wall so it doesn't get ripped out as the door moves around while driving. It's hard to know exactly what is behind the wall and what the options are. But, I really like the idea of the barn door guide. Sounds a lot more secure.

Attached Files
                        With no restraint at the bottom of the sliding doors they break the holding strap loose and slide back and forth during travel. Suggestions?
                        2019 Imagine XLS 22RBE
                        image.png

Comment

If the door is not a pocket door but a true barn style exposed door, then the wall is most likely framed on the exposed end with a 2x2. As long as you stay back no more than about 3/4" - 1" from the finished end, you should hit the framing.
                          Joseph
                          Tow
                          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thanks. It's not a pocket door and the wall does strike me as around 2" thick, so the 2x2 framing makes sense. Since my other 1" screws were ripped out of the wall pretty easily by the door, do you think I can use an anchor (something like this) to give it something more to grip to?

Also, do you happen to know what's under the flooring? Is that also gapped from any of the tanks below it by 2x2 or similar?
                            Last edited by mgsmithnj; 07-04-2022, 05:33 PM.
                            2019 Imagine XLS 22RBE
                            image.png

Comment

mgsmithnj Mike, I do not know about using an expanding anchor (like the one linked) in solid wood. I have used wood glue and toothpicks with success. I have seen zip ties used also where they were shoved into the hole, then the screw inserted similar to https://www.amazon.com/KURUI-Anchors...4-42cab39e191b Just without the fancy packaging.

As for the floor, it's a lamination of 1/8"-1/4" plywood, foam, and another 1/8"-1/4" of plywood. Screwing to it without hitting the tanks may not work as the layer of wood is not very thick. In one of my previous trailers (non GD) I placed a backer board under the floor lamination with glue so I could fix a soft spot around the heater vent.
                              Joseph
                              Tow
                              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X