Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Problems with 2019 Reflection 320MKS

Hi there -

We purchased our 2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS in March and we were so excited based on the reputation of Grand Design. Within our first week, we were confused how Grand Design has such a great reputation. First, the screws began falling out of the cabinets and the trim just fell off the walls, that was the first two weeks. We've seen a number of unfinished pieces in the RV, exposed wires, etc. In under a year, we have had two major plumbing issues causing flooding, one due to the black water flush and one due to the water pump. The kitchen flooring is progressively caving in inside the kitchen near the fridge. The refrigerator has issues constantly. The awnings have issues, the tank indicators have issues, etc.

Is this the typical experience of other Reflection owners? We're not really sure how to handle all of these issues because we have a warranty but as full timers its impossible for us to take this RV in everytime the piece of crap falls apart. At the same time, we dont want to void such an expensive warranty by addressing the issues ourselves. Is there a brand that any of you know that is not as much trouble? We are so disappointed in our purchase and, clearly, this has lost an extreme amount of value with all of the issues.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Originally posted by LanaCartier View Post
    Hi there -

We purchased our 2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS in March and we were so excited based on the reputation of Grand Design. Within our first week, we were confused how Grand Design has such a great reputation. First, the screws began falling out of the cabinets and the trim just fell off the walls, that was the first two weeks. We've seen a number of unfinished pieces in the RV, exposed wires, etc. In under a year, we have had two major plumbing issues causing flooding, one due to the black water flush and one due to the water pump. The kitchen flooring is progressively caving in inside the kitchen near the fridge. The refrigerator has issues constantly. The awnings have issues, the tank indicators have issues, etc.

Is this the typical experience of other Reflection owners? We're not really sure how to handle all of these issues because we have a warranty but as full timers its impossible for us to take this RV in everytime the piece of crap falls apart. At the same time, we dont want to void such an expensive warranty by addressing the issues ourselves. Is there a brand that any of you know that is not as much trouble? We are so disappointed in our purchase and, clearly, this has lost an extreme amount of value with all of the issues.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.
    Lana - Before I get started, welcome to the forum. I think you've come to the right place for advice.

From time to time, I hear reports such as yours and it's disheartening. Grand Design builds a very good product, but once in a while an owner will just seem to get one than needs special attention. In fact, mine had some pretty serious flaws and had to be transported from Arizona back to the factory for repairs on two separate occasions. The good news is that you typically will see these types of things while the unit is still fairly new. Once the problems are worked through, they become pretty reliable.

Since your unit is still under a year old, you are covered by the full warranty. The first thing I'd do is get a very detailed list of everything that you know needs repair Then, contact your dealer with the list in order to perform warranty work. At the same time, have your vehicle identification number in hand and call Grand Design customer service at 574-825-9679. Let them know you're working with your dealership, but would like a claim number. Ask customer service if you can provide them with a list of defects so they can document it against your VIN. This should get the ball rolling and help you get the unit repaired.

Finally, items like trim popping and screws backing out are very normal occurrences, and happen on all RV's, even top of the line motor homes. These units twist, shake, and vibrate going down the road. I'd suggest you keep some very basic tools like screwdrivers, a hammer and some small nails to repair these as they happen.

Please keep us posted on the status of repairs as time goes forward, and don't hesitate to ask questions if you'd like.

Jim (GDRV Owner since 2014).

Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I agree with TucsonJim completely and would just add to take photos of all the problems and include those with your communications to your dealer and GD. If the problem includes something with a tag or a part number be sure to include a photo of that.

I can sympathize with being a full timer and not wanting to give up your home for an extended period or even one night. If your dealer is close to friends and family this will ease the pain a little.

John
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

LanaCartier Welcome to the forum! I would like to apologize that you have not had the owner experience that we strive for! Within the RV industry, we do our best to put high quality products on our units. We also go above and beyond to assist owners if something occurs after the sale. I agree with TucsonJim & JBill9694 with documenting your list of concerns with your dealer and making contact with GDRV Customer Support. We can be reached at either 574-825-9679 or customerservice@granddesignrv.com. If your issues are at least documented before your warranty has expired, we will still work with you, even if you're not able to get your unit into a dealer before the warranty has expired. Please feel free to reach out to us, we are happy to help!!

Comment

Working...
        X