Dining chairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dining chairs

We don’t use the dining table much and have taken the chairs out, looking at a bench or hutch with some storage for one side of the table. Anyone have any ideas or mods that you have done?
    2019 Reflection 29RS
    2016 GMC Denali HD
    Every Things Nicer in Niceville

Originally posted by Randall Lee View Post
    We don’t use the dining table much and have taken the chairs out, looking at a bench or hutch with some storage for one side of the table. Anyone have any ideas or mods that you have done?
    Check out this thread by TucsonJim: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...travel-trailer
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks Howard, like that but for us think one booth. the other side of the table next to the theater seating is for the dog crate.
      2019 Reflection 29RS
      2016 GMC Denali HD

Comment

Thanks Howard, like that but for us think one booth. the other side of the table next to the theater seating is for the dog crate.
        Randall - The booth seats are sold individually. I bought two to complete our modification.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Jim did you have to move the table over to fit the booth in?
          2019 Reflection 29RS
          2016 GMC Denali HD

Comment

Jim did you have to move the table over to fit the booth in?
            Yes, a few inches.
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

We bought this. Put a boot tray on the bottom shelf to store shoes, and there is storage under the lift-up seat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bench.jpg
Views:	978
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	9033

Found on Amazon here: https://tinyurl.com/sz27mlk
              Attached Files
              Andi
              Brookings SD
              2018 Reflection 337RLS
              2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

While I'm not a furniture maker and it's not as nicely upholstered as the store bought benches, I was able to put this together in about a day (staining and varnish took longer). Things tend to collect on flat surfaces including seats so we wanted something with a draw instead of a lift top. The high back protects the window trim.

When we travel we remove the pad and strap our remaining chairs to the top of the bench (we have a recliner that gets moved into the space occupied by the two chairs).

John
                2018 Momentum 395M
                John
                2018 Momentum 395M
                2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
                  While I'm not a furniture maker and it's not as nicely upholstered as the store bought benches, I was able to put this together in about a day (staining and varnish took longer). Things tend to collect on flat surfaces including seats so we wanted something with a draw instead of a lift top. The high back protects the window trim.

When we travel we remove the pad and strap our remaining chairs to the top of the bench (we have a recliner that gets moved into the space occupied by the two chairs).

John
                  2018 Momentum 395M
                  John,
                  I made the mistake of opening your post while my wife was sitting next to me. She leaned over and said "ooooo..." when she saw the picture. Thanks. Thanks a lot. Another project added to my list.

Howard
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

John I like your idea and work, this is the way I’m learning.
                    2019 Reflection 29RS
                    2016 GMC Denali HD

Comment

I am looking to replace the chairs in my 315RLTS. I saw a post from ANDI also, with a link to AMAZON on a bench they bought. Can anyone give me the deminsions of the chairs or size of a bench to put in the same area as the 2 chairs?
                      Luann

Comment

Our bench base is 34 1/2"L x 21 1/2"D x 17"H. The back extends 19" above the seat. All dimensions were based on the available clear floor space, the height of the existing chairs, and the desire to have a 3" foam pad to sit on. If your going with a store bought bench you'll want to determine your maximum allowable dimensions and then find something that fits.

I see that GD offers a storage option for the 315RLTS that looks like a bench with a lift top and a wall mounted padded back. It might be worth while to see if this is available as an after market purchase.
                        John
                        2018 Momentum 395M
                        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

I am selling my 4 dinette chairs for our 315RLTS Reflection. We wanted benches in place of them. The are in excellent shape. Just let me know. We are in Tucson AZ

Comment

Working...
                          X