Bedroom blackout roller shades...fell down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedroom blackout roller shades...fell down

Well I have a 2021 260RD with over 16,000 miles on it. It has been perfect for all that time..EXCEPT for the last week. The bedroom black roller shade fell down, the 2 small screws pulled out from the top. I have the 2 brackets and larger screws, but how do you attach the roller shade after you attach the brackets? I tried and nothing, then had 2 beers and still nothing. I fear I will run out of my beer before the Wife Unit is happy. PLEASE HELP..
    Jacko
    Central Florida
    2021 Reflection 150 260RD

You’re lucky that you had screws. I had one shade and valance fall out of our new 2022 280 RS. Checking the other windows, I found 2 with no screws to hold the valance to the wall and another 2 with one screw instead of two. I’m on my way to a hardware store to get more screws.

on our trailer, there are two clips on the bracket that attach the roller to the valance. There’s a slide that latches into th
    2022 Reflection 280 RS
    2020 Silverado 2500 HD

Comment

I have a Imagine 2970RL, but thinking the shade brackets are the same. The brackets are spring loaded and there is a small slot on one side you can insert a flathead screwdriver to expand the bracket. Grand Design customer service told me to rock the shade back and forth to get it out, but that resulted in the one screw in the bracket stripping out of the valance. So, you can either spread the bracket using a screw driver to expand it and seat one edge of the shade in the grove of the bracket or seat one edge of the shade in the bracket and rock it in until the other edge of the shade seats.

I had a shade get sprung and had to order a new one to find this out. The rod that holds the spring tension in the middle of the shade is a 1/4” plastic cylinder and snapped rendering the shade useless. Probably a $5 part of if you can get it - but you can’t- so $140 to replace the whole shade (74” x 34” on the back window). Luckly, GD parts had one in stock.
      Eddie & Kathy
      2021 Imagine 2970RL
      2019 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4 Cummins 6.7L
      Houston, TX

Comment

This weekend we'll be tackling this on the large shade in our slide on the slide of our 17MKE. On one side the screw just pulled loose from the valance where it was attached. Some one had mentioned it may be easier to remove the valance for this process.

I had thought about maybe drilling all the way through the valance and put a screw through the bracket, attach the shade to the bracket, then put all that up and finish by putting a nut on that screw. Maybe that would be easier than try to fight getting the shade on the bracket?

Comment

Working...
        X