Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliding Door Hangers

Hi everyone!

We have a 2400BH with the sliding bedroom door…yes, another door issue. Lol. I have looked but cannot seem to find anyone else with this one. The door ALWAYS falls off the hangers when we pull it. So frustrating cause I have to unscrew the header that covers the track to put it pack on.

Are their better hangers / systems out there to prevent this from happening?

Thanks for the recommendations.

Dave
    Bob-O
    Imagine 2400BH | Champion 4650 Dual Fuel Generator | Solar Package | 200ah EnduroPower Lithium
    2020 Ram 1500 Laramie | 5.7L w/eTorque | S&B CAI | 3.92 Axle | 6'4" Box | 4x4 | 2" Mopar Lift | SnugTop
    Northern Colorado​

Hi Dave, I can't answer if there are better hangers out there... on my 2400bh the issue was the end-stop screw broke off. With the door secured in the open position during travel, I've not had issue with the hangers, themselves. I have adjusted the hangers to plumb the door, but that's it. There is a thumb lock (of sorts) that sits under the adjustment nut... I wonder if this has something to do with your issue?

Mike
    Mike & Sonya
    2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
    Blue Ox SwayPro
    2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Yes…took it back to the dealer and they said they fixed it. But it is still falling off. So the hangers have a hook that is supposed lock over the pin. They do not stay locked on the pin. So have to remove that wood piece every trip and reconnect it. Maybe some new hangers I guess.
      Bob-O
      Imagine 2400BH | Champion 4650 Dual Fuel Generator | Solar Package | 200ah EnduroPower Lithium
      2020 Ram 1500 Laramie | 5.7L w/eTorque | S&B CAI | 3.92 Axle | 6'4" Box | 4x4 | 2" Mopar Lift | SnugTop
      Northern Colorado​

Comment

I would think the dealer should be able to replace the roller assembly without issue. The assembly is available on the Parts Lookup page if you want to order through GD and replace yourself.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...ts/detail/2057

Mike
        Mike & Sonya
        2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
        Blue Ox SwayPro
        2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Bobbybob Welcome to the family and the forum!

It may be as simple as a slight bending of that locking tab that creates a friction fit that makes it harder to rotate out.
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Hi Bobbybob
            My brand new image fell off on the ride home the first day I owned it. I looked at it close and the rail was missing screws which cause it to be lose. Add a few drywall screws. The other problem with the latch was, the plastic bushing on door peace is molded wrong not allowing pin or stud part to go in all the way causing latch not to lock properly. When you have it slide back in place take screwdriver and hammer and tap it lightly in farther. Hope this helps.
            Last edited by Ron14612; 08-06-2022, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks all for the welcome and advice!

I just ended up putting a Dewalt quick clamp on the bottom of the door (and the kitchen wall) and it seemed to have fixed it as the door does not move and think that was part of the problem. Although this might be temp until I can pull it off and look at the latches. Like the idea of bending the latch for great friction, they do seem to release with little effort.

Thanks again and happy camping everyone!
              Bob-O
              Northern Colorado​

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbybob View Post
                Thanks all for the welcome and advice!

I just ended up putting a Dewalt quick clamp on the bottom of the door (and the kitchen wall) and it seemed to have fixed it as the door does not move and think that was part of the problem. Although this might be temp until I can pull it off and look at the latches. Like the idea of bending the latch for great friction, they do seem to release with little effort.

Thanks again and happy camping everyone!
                We had the same issue - not early in...but it happened a few times. I think between bending the friction mechanism and just adjusting the door in general fixed the issue. We always latched ours with the in place strap, but frustrating when the door does not work well. The only negative effect to it coming off and me fixing multiple times (and adjusting when I did so) is the door is a little stiffer to slide now.

Hope that helps!
                2020 Imagine 2400BH
                2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Thanks for the help. Ended up doing this and it works. We always use the door strap but it’s still just a small bungee so the door always moved still. This is temp but takes 10 seconds to do. Lol. Click image for larger version

Name:	3C18F981-08BF-47BE-B89C-C4761AAD181E.jpeg
Views:	258
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	93521
                  Attached Files
                  Bob-O
                  Northern Colorado​

Comment

Working...
                  X