Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24MPR Hanging/Mounting Shelves in the Garage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24MPR Hanging/Mounting Shelves in the Garage.

Looking to mount in the garage a light weight shelf module I built. What sort of fasteners would securely attached shelving to the garage walls. I',m not sure of the wall construction. thank you
    Last edited by BoatFix; 08-22-2022, 08:44 AM.
    2021 24'MPR ToyHauler

Interesting, didn't know there was an Imagine toy hauler.

Spec sheet indicates exterior is fiberglass, so I'm thinking the exterior walls are sandwich construction; fiberglass exterior, foam insulation, luan interior; with aluminum channels were needed for support and anchorage around windows and doors. A good quality stud finder should be able to detect the aluminum channels.

The interior walls are likely 1x2 or 2x2 construction with luan on both sides. These walls are not constructed to any building building code so don't expect standard spacing of the studs. Again a good stud finder will work but be aware of possible electrical wires and plumbing. Most of the electrical and plumbing will come up into the walls from below, but there will be vent pipes or water lines for the shower futher up in the wall.

Whether external or internal wall, the chances of finding studs where you need them is pretty slim. I used 1x3 strips to span between the studs and then anchored to these.
    John
    2018 Momentum 395M
    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
      Interesting, didn't know there was an Imagine toy hauler.

Spec sheet indicates exterior is fiberglass, so I'm thinking the exterior walls are sandwich construction; fiberglass exterior, foam insulation, luan interior; with aluminum channels were needed for support and anchorage around windows and doors. A good quality stud finder should be able to detect the aluminum channels.

The interior walls are likely 1x2 or 2x2 construction with luan on both sides. These walls are not constructed to any building building code so don't expect standard spacing of the studs. Again a good stud finder will work but be aware of possible electrical wires and plumbing. Most of the electrical and plumbing will come up into the walls from below, but there will be vent pipes or water lines for the shower futher up in the wall.

Whether external or internal wall, the chances of finding studs where you need them is pretty slim. I used 1x3 strips to span between the studs and then anchored to these.
      Thank you!
      Yes, a 24MPR. Pretty pleased with it.
      Yes, I have a stud finder that also detects electrical.
      good idea to span across to the aluminum framing then hang my 72" long shelf.
      It is in the garage portion so no wall plumbing but maybe a wire for two as this is where there is a pre wired location to hang a TV.
      2021 24'MPR ToyHauler

Comment

Here it is installed. I used Stainless Steel panhead sheet metal screws into the aluminum.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by howson; 10-22-2022, 04:42 PM.
        2021 24'MPR ToyHauler

Comment

Working...
        X