Skylight in Bathtub Interior Plastic has separated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skylight in Bathtub Interior Plastic has separated

So on the Skylight in the batube, there is two pieces of plastic. One outside the camper, and one inside. The inside one seems to have separated from the plastic.

What's the function of this interior piece? Cosmetic? Air Gap sealing?

Is it attached to the "trim ring", IE, if I pull the trim ring, I could access it and reseal it?

Here's a bad picture of it, the "thicker" white band is where it seperated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220823_110224.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	93153
    Mike
    2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Correct the interior trim ring is there for a couple of reasons. One is to seal the opening from the passenger compartment, the other is to hide the framing. You should be able to pull the screws around the perimeter of the inner trim piece and lower it without any issues.

Do not be surprised at what you find when you lower the inner ring. You may find roof membrane cut and folded down into the opening and wiring around the perimeter fr lights and other things.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Same thing happened to me when I accidentally pushed up too hard on the center while cleaning. Simply remove the screws around the trim and both pieces will drop. You can then clean and reattach the clear dome to the framing cover using double sided tape, adhesive, or whatever else you want to try.
      2020 Momentum 349M
      2019 F350 Platinum Super Duty
      U.S. Air Force Retired

Comment

I had to remove the trim to get 3 stink bugs out of the space between it and the dome. I wanted to make sure there were no more of those nasty bugs up in there. Glad I did this so I could really clean the plastic (used my wash wax all) and reassembled. Got a glimpse at roof membrane, wood deck all dry and good. I plan to do this once a year.
        Vivian
        2018 Reflection 303rls
        Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
        Demco Recon

Comment

Working...
        X