Couch to dinette swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couch to dinette swap

Hello how involved is swapping a couch on a 381M to the dinette and chairs arrangement, thanks

Shouldn't be a big deal if you can find the parts to do it.

GD doesn't have that option anymore, so won't be stocking any in their Parts dept.

The table/chairs option is not the same in the 381/351 as the larger slide units.
    Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV in Shoemakersville, PA

2020 Reflectiopn 260RD owner towed by a 2011 RAM 3500 with Cummins power.

Comment

Originally posted by GD381MBigRig View Post
      Hello how involved is swapping a couch on a 381M to the dinette and chairs arrangement, thanks
      Welcome to the forum! FYI, I moved your post to the Interior/Storage channel in the Technical Forum for maximum visibility.

-Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks you Howson, Still getting use to how this work. We want to ask the question to the forum members as well. If anyone. Would be interested in swapping a couch for dinnette. Don’t know how to post that. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GD381MBigRig View Post
          Thanks you Howson, Still getting use to how this work. We want to ask the question to the forum members as well. If anyone. Would be interested in swapping a couch for dinnette. Don’t know how to post that. Thanks.
          First question, do you have the 381M now or are you considering one? I also am considering that option, have heard from a factory rep that it is available but haven't received specifics yet. But another option is remove the 2 center sections of the 4 piece couch and get a table and chairs of your choice. If you look at the base of the recliner pieces you will see that they hook together. I don't have one yet or in front of me but what I saw the 2 end pieces ( parts with arms) should connect together at the bases. Then in the space you created either left or right of the recliner sections, put a table and chairs of your choice. GD, and some other manufacturers have been using a table that mounts to the outside wall. Personally I think that's a bad idea since you can't move the table to accommodate people of different girths.

On the "My Grand RV" forum, another GD forum not operated by GD but by owners/aficionados I started a similar thread. Under that forum, Momentum section-interiors. A poster said he had ordered that option and the order code is order code MTF100163, but apparently GD didn't have pictures of the assembly. In another thread in this section I also started a thread "Momentum 351M questions" and one of the things I addressed was the table and chairs option/change.GDRV-Megan said that option was available but I haven't received back specifics what the table/chairs are.

So to make a short story long, I am in the process of gathering information to order a Momentum 351M which has the same living area as the 381M. I'll remove and store the 2 center pieces and find me a desirable REAL freestanding table and chairs. I'll devise an appropriate bracket and strap system to keep the pieces from walking around during transport. Hope this helps.
          2007 Itasca Horizon w/2017 Wrangler "pusher toad"
          2015 Solitude 320X (sold) likely a 351M to take it's place
          2017 Ram 3500 Laramie 4wd CC LB SRW
          2019 Harley Davidson Heritage 114 as the toy

Comment

Working...
          X