Sleeping on a tri-fold couch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeping on a tri-fold couch.

I see that most people replace the bedroom mattress with something tolerable. But what can you do with that tri-fold couch that does not look comfortable at all. Doesn’t look like you can add a better mattress but maybe only a foam topper if that even will fold up?? Do people just replace with a different fold out couch if used a lot?

Originally posted by Nonrev59 View Post
    I see that most people replace the bedroom mattress with something tolerable. But what can you do with that tri-fold couch that does not look comfortable at all. Doesn’t look like you can add a better mattress but maybe only a foam topper if that even will fold up?? Do people just replace with a different fold out couch if used a lot?
    Moved your post to the Technical Forum > Interior channel.

To your question...we're going to replace the couch. I tried to fix it and failed miserably. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...=9406#post9406
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

You can adjust the legs and some even shim the hinge points to get the bed platform closer to level. We used a foam topper for a while but the problem becomes where to store the foam topper. We now have a reasonably good quality 6" Coleman air mattress that is much easier to store when deflated and is more comfortable than the 2" foam topper that we had before. This fold out couch is definitely only intended for occasional use.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks Howard. Working on learning the forum. Like Cate & Rob’s idea of air mattress. That would definitely be more comfortable than foam and actually not bad to setup and take down. Easy Storage too. But I can see us, when we start using more, just finding something that will fit and be much more comfortable. 👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by Nonrev59 View Post
          But I can see us, when we start using more, just finding something that will fit and be much more comfortable.
          Just remember . . . if you are contemplating replacing your RV furniture with residential furniture . . . you have to be able to get this furniture through a 28" doorway . . . unless you are ready and able to take out a large window or remove a slide, to get this furniture inside.

Rob

Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Yes thank you, we had that problem with our current apartment that we are in. Third floor , small door. We found a Ikea couch that comes in sections and actually is comfortable. We have had that for a yr so I could see putting something like that in there. Seen a couple videos on some you tubers buying some RV friendly I guess you would call it since they too shipped in sections to get in door and install. Very good point indeed.

Comment

Working...
            X