Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using symbols in posts

All,

Please use a space between the # symbol and the number you are referencing like this , # 1. If you do not use a space the information you are trying to convey will turn to a link like this Home This is a software issue that we will be trying to resolve.

Thank you,
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Are you sure it's an issue? Not a feature?

Never mind..I see what you mean. It's a feature of the software but not supposed to be meant for users..lol Like the way it worked in Nescios Hughes EMS thread where he was entering Number 8 with the hashtag got him Node8
    Last edited by Scott'n'Wendy; 12-08-2022, 07:06 AM.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      All,

Please use a space between the # symbol and the number you are referencing like this , # 1. If you do not use a space the information you are trying to convey will turn to a link like this Home This is a software issue that we will be trying to resolve.

Thank you,
      I apologize again - it was I that broke the software Just kidding It does drive one crazy when pointing to different post #'s in threads (I wonder if that will throw it) and having to go back and edit. Could this be an AI thing where "HAL" is getting revenge, or a guberment hanging chad issue?. But I am sure it was a Gray the did the programing based on the TV documentary.

But I know it was probably a 20 something geek sitting at a keyboard writing code thinking all the time of way to make this old guy's day a little more interesting. What was fun is seeing where the links went though.

Thanks for the heads up Brian....now if I can only remember to do it

Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda Keith, I blame the millennials. The ribbon is completely useless as it's not intuitive for items you need, the grouping at the bottom is time consuming to find what you really want (click, pause while it maximizes, realize wrong thing, hover to get preview, click again).

Computers were meant to make life easier and faster not slower and more difficult.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
          Yoda Keith, I blame the millennials. The ribbon is completely useless as it's not intuitive for items you need, the grouping at the bottom is time consuming to find what you really want (click, pause while it maximizes, realize wrong thing, hover to get preview, click again).
          I'm with you on the ribbon...you gotta use it a lot to get used to it....which, IMO, is an example of bad program development.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
            I'm with you on the ribbon...you gotta use it a lot to get used to it....which, IMO, is an example of bad program development.
            Jlawles2

If I only had a clue to what your talking about I have been using ribbons a lot lately, except I usually tie ( well try) a Bow in them

Yep time to hide

Keith
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda Keith, I guess it's time to put bricks in front of the hole you keep crawling out of. In the everyday world of desktop computers and simple programs from Microsoft (I BLAME THEM FOR STARTING THE STUPIDITY) they went away from the conventional icons at the top to this "ribbon" that changes based on what you are looking for, except the ribbon is not laid out based on the "OLD SCHOOL" definitions of what the icons did.

Scott'n'Wendy Scott, I just use the keyboard commands when possible. Even then Microsoft has started phasing some of them out.
              Joseph
              Tow
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Yoda Keith, I guess it's time to put bricks in front of the hole you keep crawling out of. In the everyday world of desktop computers and simple programs from Microsoft (I BLAME THEM FOR STARTING THE STUPIDITY) they went away from the conventional icons at the top to this "ribbon" that changes based on what you are looking for, except the ribbon is not laid out based on the "OLD SCHOOL" definitions of what the icons did.

Scott'n'Wendy Scott, I just use the keyboard commands when possible. Even then Microsoft has started phasing some of them out.
                Sorry Joseph

I have no clue what a ribbon is or how windows even works.

College was Fortran 4 and Watt 5 and I learn how to read code (self taught) to debug my senior year when I took over a project converting the US Steel shape property's manual to Metric. Got it done, but it was a mess to understand. DR Bowels was puzzled as there was not direct correlation to the property shapes anymore as there is in the US version. He was going to publish the Steel shape manual in metric, back when the gooberment was thinking of going metric (mid to late 70's ad early 80's). But I am sure that is all very old stuff now.

Once in a while I hit the inspect button when bringing up the spell check feature and see a box open up at the bottom of the screen with what appears to be line codes but I can't read it, or even have a comprehension of what it says or means.

Well I'll go back and finish up bricking up my hole

Keith

Comment

Yoda Keith, I guess you are not using a desktop computer these days for anything other than browsing. Here are 2 screen shots from Microsoft Outlook. Note the area in red changes as you select the "HOME SEND/RECEIVE FOLDER...." words just above the red box. This is referred to as "THE RIBBON".

Click image for larger version

Name:	Home.png
Views:	137
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	100958

Name:	Save.png
Views:	140
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	100957

Attached Files
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

Yoda Keith, I guess you are not using a desktop computer these days for anything other than browsing. Here are 2 screen shots from Microsoft Outlook. Note the area in red changes as you select the "HOME SEND/RECEIVE FOLDER...." words just above the red box. This is referred to as "THE RIBBON".

Name:	Home.png
Views:	137
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	100958

Name:	Save.png
Views:	140
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	100957

Thanks - now I understand, and YES that ribbon changing does drive me nuts at times.

Keith

Comment

Yoda This is referred to as "THE RIBBON".
                      I call it something else....but it wouldn't get past the administrators.....

Comment

Working...
                      X