Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask Grand Design Update!

Forum Members,
    After consultation among the moderators and Grand Design representatives, we're going to try a different approach to the "Ask Grand Design" channel. In the applicable channel of the Technical Forum, ask your question. More than likely a forum member will know the answer and you'll get a prompt reply. If the question requires a GD representative to respond, the moderators will "tag" them.

This will hopefully accomplish two things simultaneously. 1) Forum topics are addressed within their proper channel, i.e. refrigerator questions in the Appliances and Electronics Channel. 2) Our GD hosts will leverage the experience of their volunteer moderator team so they know when their attention is required. Their time is a finite resource.

While the moderators will be the primary "taggers" of our GD hosts there are many regulars here on the forum, that should they feel it necessary, may tag our GD hosts as needed. What we ask all members to do is refrain from tagging GD employees in the first post--give forum members an opportunity to answer the question first. This is, after all, an Owners' Forum!

Some may not like this change and I understand why, so please feel free to direct your ire at me--it was my idea. Ultimately I believe the change will make this great forum even better. In no way does it diminish GD's intent to support the forum they own (and continue to pay to keep online).

This post will be a "sticky" in the closed Ask Grand Design Channel and will also be in the Announcements and Site Feedback (where you can blast me as you see fit--but please not too harsh, OK?).

Howard

P.S. If your question doesn't seem to fit in any of the Technical Forum's channels, consider posting in the GDRV4Life's General Forum / Discussion forum. The two moderators of that site, Andi and Barefootchelle , will do what they can to assist.
    Last edited by howson; 03-18-2020, 01:38 PM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

ire ire ire, blast blast blast.... now I have directed my ire and blasted away. But in reality I can appreciate the move. There are a lot of folks that own GD products and most of the questions asked can be easily answered by experienced GD owners. I have been participating in forums for several years, and not just GD forums, pretty much anything you want to know about can be found discussed by somebody, value of the information is sometimes questionable, but it's always a good discussion.

I truly appreciate the moderators that take the time and effort to keep the forums on track, and now, I appreciate you screening the calls to GD. I know that when it's necessary you will be able to get the right question to the right person at the right time, huge. Thanks!
    2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
    2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
    E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
    Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

Working...
    X