X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the Spammer!

Done !
    Wow!! you guys blew up my email LOL!
    Good to see the “gang” online watching over things.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Excellent Rob. I just saw the email notices and that you already kicked them to the curb.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
      Wow!! you guys blew up my email LOL!
      Sorry about that Rob. After I flagged the first 3 or 4 it occurred to me that you guys would be able to identify the guy and delete all his posts without folks flagging each one. But by then I was on a roll :-)
      Brian & Kellie
      2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
      2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
      2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
      2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Triplethreat
        One of the motorcycle forums that I moderate keeps me somewhat busy doing spam cleans and banning. I average at least 5-7 attempts per day from spammers trying to sign up for and gain access to that forum.....grateful for a good spam filter that catches most of them. Then it's just a matter of clicking on the approval queue and kicking them to the curb.
        This is the second (that I know of) spammer we've had to ban since I changed the forum's settings. The change was made so members ( Guest ) weren't constantly having to get their posts approved ( Guest ) due to multiple edits (Guest ).

For the casual forum viewer--the above is just a (poor?) attempt at good-natured teasing of my friend and regular contributor, Jim.

-Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Howard,

Sometimes it takes a few edits to achieve perfection. .

Jim

Comment

Great job Cate&Rob The original Rob strikes again. I just wish I had seen the fun - then again its probably good I didn't. I am getting grumpy in my old age. I had a person go vulgar on me at Walmart this morning (senior hours 6 - 7AM on Tuesdays) when I asked him to please back off. He was younger too - should not have been there.

Anyway I appreciate all the hard work the moderators do. Especially keeping me in line when I have CRS or AAADD

Keith
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Keith,

We have had groceries delivered from Kroger and have used curbside pickup from Walmart as well for groceries. There is also the Instacart app. Unfortunately nobody delivers those adult beverages that Howard writes about. Had to drive there and they did curbside as well. In Michigan we have party stores that sell these items.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
                Keith,

We have had groceries delivered from Kroger and have used curbside pickup from Walmart as well for groceries. There is also the Instacart app. Unfortunately nobody delivers those adult beverages that Howard writes about. Had to drive there and they did curbside as well. In Michigan we have party stores that sell these items.

Jim
                Thanks Jim
                I do make a list then add to it as I walk the isle as I always forget something. Never been during old folk hour so thought I would see if it was differant. If I'm browsing the app I would buy too much But I need to try the curb pickup sometime.

Thanks again

As to the adult beverage I need to cut back per DR orders, so I try not to buy.

Keith
                2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
                X