New Reflection 310RLS 5er

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Reflection 310RLS 5er

Has anyone seen this New Reflection 310RLS?
    Last edited by Superduty; 04-17-2020, 05:47 PM.
    Steve
    2018 Reflection 303
    2023 F350 Lariat, 4 x 4 CCSB.
    Diesel, Star White.

Interesting! https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...orplans/310rls

A "two slide" Reflection to reduce weight.
    Keeps the bed slide (which many prefer)
    No loose chairs or wobbly and marginally useful dining table (I like that)
    No bathroom access with the slides in would be a problem for us.
    The awning completely covers the entry door (I really like that).
    Window sizes and locations look reasonable for both sides.

(Just my thoughts from looking at the layout . . .)

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Steve - was not aware of this new model......will have to do so research. Here is a link with pictures of one: https://www.windishrv.com/product/ne...0rls-1208438-5

Thanks, for sharing !

Dan
      Dan & Carol
      2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
      2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
        No bathroom access with the slides in would be a problem for us.
        No access without opening the slide makes it a definite "no" for us. Bathroom access while we are on the road is of upmost importance to my better half. She refuses to use public potties unless there's no other option. Having to open the street-side slide makes it even more problematic.

Just one perspective--I'm sure this will be perfect for others based on their requirements.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Gotta agree with all the above.....no access to bathroom would be a deal breaker for us!
          I would be curious how sales will be? I’m sure there will be some first time buyers who won’t realize the problem ....until someone explains it to them!
          Keith and Diane
          2014 Reflection 337 RLS
          2017 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins Mega Cab

Comment

All,
            Thanks for posting the link. I forgot that part.
            I do like having the bathroom door to the street side instead of door side.
            I also wonder would there be enough room to squeak by with the slide in to use the rest room.
            I also like no island. Opens up the living space, and appears to be a easier access to the Refrig without opening up the slide.
            No wardrobe slide. Like that with the closet across the front.

Definitely, need to go tour one.

Well, the DW wants to go look at one. I could of just made a problem for myself, with out a way out. LOL
            Last edited by Superduty; 04-17-2020, 05:49 PM.
            Steve
            2018 Reflection 303
            Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Originally posted by Superduty View Post
              I do like having the bathroom door to the street side instead of door side.
              Definitely a plus. While the DW wants access without opening a slide she isn't thrilled that when the main door is opened the first thing you see in our trailer is the bathroom.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

On it's face, I would not be a fan of this floor plan: 1) two slides on one side will make the trailer more lopsided in terms of weight than the three slide or no bed slide models, 2) no bathroom access on the road is a no-go for us, and 3) I'm not a fan of rear entry floor plans because the door often ends up off of the prepared site or concrete pad (which would be the case where we are right now). There also appears to be a lot less kitchen counter space than in the 303RLS or the 337RLS which have kitchen islands.

This is just my opinion. Opinions are like certain parts of the human anatomy... everyone who hasn't had it surgically removed has one.

Rob
                Rob & Laura
                U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
                2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
                (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
                Full time since 08/2015

Comment

[QUOTE=Second Chance;n16785]On it's face, I would not be a fan of this floor plan: 1) two slides on one side will make the trailer more lopsided in terms of weight than the three slide or no bed slide models,

Rob

Rob, that is a good point on weight vs leaf springs. I wonder if GD look at this with the reports of broken/flat leaf’s.

It reminds me of the 150 series based on 2 slides only on the street side.
                  I do like the 20 ft awning and no slide’s on the curb side.

Pro’s and Con’s.
                  Steve
                  2018 Reflection 303
                  Diesel, Star White.

Comment

I just bought one today.

Comment

Originally posted by Zene55 View Post
                      I just bought one today.
                      Welcome to the forum Zene55. Please let us know how this works out for you. Like all floorplans, I see pros and cons with this layout. Let us know what works, and what could be improved and we'll share it with GDRV.

Jim
                      Jim and Ginnie
                      2024 Solitude 310GK
                      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I have not picked mine up yet, scheduled for later this week. So pumped.

Comment

Originally posted by Zene55 View Post
                          I have not picked mine up yet, scheduled for later this week. So pumped.
                          n

As I recall, Steve huntr70 (a long time quality dealer rep. poster here and elsewhere) traded his prior GDRV Reflection 260 for a Reflection 310 as well. Possibly Steve will chime in and/or if you have any questions, you can PM Steve. Steve has been most helpful over the years.

Congratulations on your new 310......enjoy the journey !

Dan
                          Dan & Carol
                          2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                          2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

I recently traded for a 310rls. I have had three 5th wheels prior to this one; this my first Grand Design. I accepted the compromise of no bathroom or bedroom access for fewer slides, long useful awning, no kitchen island and east-west bed with large closet. As a solo male traveler I was ok accepting no bathroom access at rest stops. It does have refrigerator, kitchen and dinette access with slides IN for lunch stops.
                            Ted
                            2021 Reflection 310RLS
                            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
                            X