Mattress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattress

Is there anyone who has the same issue with there mattress? Bought this new (2020 310GK) back in August. Did contact GD and they did give me $300 credit towards a new one. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190917_153933_HDR.jpg
Views:	1052
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	18795
    2020 SOLITUDE 310GK
    2016 GMC DURAMAX 6.6 TURBO

Yep, ours looked like a well rutted road after about 3-months. We had queen size mattress in storage so we just swapped it out with the one GD provided.

I think there are a lot of threads on this subject, all of them expression displeasure with the OEM mattresses. Try searching for mattress and see what comes up.
    John
    2018 Momentum 395M
    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by kishman74 View Post
      Is there anyone who has the same issue with there mattress? Bought this new (2020 310GK) back in August. Did contact GD and they did give me $300 credit towards a new one. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190917_153933_HDR.jpg
Views:	1052
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	18795
      You'd be hard-pressed to find owners who did NOT have that issue and/or discomfort on the junk factory mattress soon after buying their trailer.

A fair number of people try a 3" or 4" foam and/or gel mattress topper, but a fair number of those find that it's not a sufficient or long-lasting solution. We went that route originally.

The mattress is often replaced with a foam "real" mattress - we bought a Casper and love it but there are less-expensive foam mattresses that get good reviews.

A very popular but very expensive choice is the Sleep Number system, a sophisticated adjustable air bed that allows you and your partner to dial in your comfort individually.

Many "traditional" mattresses can also be used; just remember that there's a large storage compartment under the foot of the bed and a mattress that flexes easily will make it easier to access that compartment.

Good luck with your choices.
      Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Ours was replaced @ 3 months with a Costco RV-K memory foam mattress. Had the Solitude had a queen, we would have brought the OE mattress from our previous one.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Mine was a BJ's (Comparable to Costco Warehouse store) Traditional Inner sprung mattress. It was about $200, WAY better than the OEM, and pretty decent. Since we're only Weekending, we wanted a better mattress, but not spend a fortune. (The Foam One was like $100 more)
          Mike
          2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Working...
          X