Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken link

howson Cate&Rob TucsonJim GDRV-Tom Country Campers

I haven't visited GDRV4Life in a dog's age,and went looking for a way to get there from here.

I didn't quickly find a link so I used the breadcrumbs feature at the top of the page under the menu, the small text that reads "Forums / Technical Forum", where I clicked on Forums.

That click brought me to an overview of latest posts and banner links to this place and GDRV4Life. However when I clicked on the banner for GDRV4Life I got this error:

Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

I am contacting the system adminstrator(s) as requested.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Hi Mark. We're right in the process of making some changes to different links. Bear with us.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by boyscout View Post
      howson Cate&Rob TucsonJim GDRV-Tom Country Campers

I haven't visited GDRV4Life in a dog's age,and went looking for a way to get there from here.

I didn't quickly find a link so I used the breadcrumbs feature at the top of the page under the menu, the small text that reads "Forums / Technical Forum", where I clicked on Forums.

That click brought me to an overview of latest posts and banner links to this place and GDRV4Life. However when I clicked on the banner for GDRV4Life I got this error:

Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

I am contacting the system adminstrator(s) as requested.
      Mark,
      Please see https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...echnical-posts

Howard

P.S. I must admit that was a clever way to try and get to the old GDRV4Life forum. I can't duplicate what you did!
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
        P.S. I must admit that was a clever way to try and get to the old GDRV4Life forum. I can't duplicate what you did!
        Well I just discovered that I can make it easier for you! On the main menu of the forum, click on the section heading Newcomers & Site Information.

The resulting page is the one I got to yesterday by using the breadcrumbs* feature. Over on the right side is a big banner for GDRV4Life, which has the broken link.

* Re: "I can't duplicate what you did!", sure you can. "Breadcrumbs" is the term programmers use for the feature that appears near the top of every page in this site, immediately underneath the big red menu. In small text it lists a sort of sequential map of where you are in the site, and provides a fast way to back up to higher-level pages in the site. At this moment while I'm here on this page, the breadcrumbs say:However they say it all in one line running across under the menu, each item/page title separated by an angled bracket from the others. Each part except the last one is a page higher than this page, and is a link to that higher page. See? You can do it!
        Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Originally posted by boyscout View Post
          The resulting page is the one I got to yesterday by using the breadcrumbs* feature. Over on the right side is a big banner for GDRV4Life, which has the broken link.
          Dang it! I missed that page when I removed the "banners". FYI I removed the Technical Forum banner, too, as it's now redundant with the "Home" button at the top.

Thanks, Mark. I fixed it. (I think.)

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X