Large Forum Membership Growth Expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large Forum Membership Growth Expected

I want to thank all of our current members for your suggestions with this new technical forum. Many of your ideas have been implemented and the forum appears robust enough to roll out to a much larger audience. The national rally will be kicking off next week, and we will be making announcements to the 900+ attendees about the new forum. Please welcome our new members as they join and try to lend them a hand with navigating the structure of the forum.

Thanks again,

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

There goes the neighbor hood. I guess we all should get our typing fingers loosened up and ready to go.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

And folks actually liked me here ........or am I confused again?
      I better wake up the Force

BTW - nothing was said at the Colorado rally - will the other rally's be spreading the word too?
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

We were waiting for the National rally to make the announcement. We still have a couple of adjustments to make, but should be good to go for the rally start on Tuesday.
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
          I want to thank all of our current members for your suggestions with this new technical forum. Many of your ideas have been implemented and the forum appears robust enough to roll out to a much larger audience. The national rally will be kicking off next week, and we will be making announcements to the 900+ attendees about the new forum. Please welcome our new members as they join and try to lend them a hand with navigating the structure of the forum. Thanks again, Jim
          Jim, thanks for your hard work on this place, especially the recent reduction. Looking good!
          Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

• Yoda
            Yoda commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree - Jim thanks from me for the hard work too

Jim, thanks for your work, as well as the team of moderators. I know that I really appreciate this forum and the wealth of info I have received here. Keep up the good work!
          Vince and Peg with Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
          2018 Imagine 2600 RB
          2017 Chevy Suburban Premier edition w/max tow package

Comment

• slauretani
            slauretani commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking forward to the new forum. Signed up at the rally. Thanks for all your hard work!

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
          ...the forum appears robust enough to roll out to a much larger audience. The national rally will be kicking off next week, and we will be making announcements to the 900+ attendees about the new forum

Jim
          This may be a delicate post-topic -- but here goes: I joined the "my grand rv" forum when the dust-up with GD couldn't be resolved. It seemed like everyone did the same. Presumably to preserve the community.

I don't/haven't attended any rallies, so I had no idea this new forum had been created. It was only after I left a question-post for TucsonJim on the old-new forum that someone from this forum asked me to PM them for more info. I did, and that's when I learned of this new forum.

So here's the question. What about the others who are part of the community that still only know of the existence of the old-new forum and don't know of the existence of this new-new forum?

One -- I feel personally less able without those people. Two -- I feel the community should be rejoined -- and made whole.

Interested in the way others see it.

-Steve
          Last edited by steve&renee; 09-25-2019, 04:14 PM.
          2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
          Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
          2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
          18k B&W Companion, non-slider
          640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
          Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
          Somerset, WI

Comment

Originally posted by steve&renee View Post
            So here's the question. What about the others who are part of the community that still only know of the existence of the old-new forum and don't know of the existence of this new-new forum?
            Hi Steve,

This is a very valid question and one that the moderators and Grand Design are discussing as well. We have had some "growing pains" with the software for this new forum and wanted to work out these bugs before getting too big. I think we have most of that sorted out. We did launch this new forum at the National Rally, but to your point, Grand Design has sold something like 100,000 rigs and there were 500 at the Rally so at best we reached half of 1% of the owner base.

We do not have the option of communicating about this forum on the old forum. The owner of that forum is very adamant about this. Unfortunately these two communities are not likely to ever join. I expect that our currently parallel paths will become less parallel as time goes by and the two forums focus on different priorities.

Rob

Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

• johndeerefarmer
              johndeerefarmer commented
              Editing a comment
              I just now found my way over here due to a post from Emily on the GDRV4Life forum. I think now we have too many places to post (several forums and multiple Facebook groups) so that you either don't know where to post or you have to post your questions on multiple locations. I think it would have been better if GD had of bought out the other forum. IMHO

Originally posted by steve&renee View Post

This may be a delicate post-topic -- but here goes: I joined the "my grand rv" forum when the dust-up with GD couldn't be resolved. It seemed like everyone did the same. Presumably to preserve the community.

I don't/haven't attended any rallies, so I had no idea this new forum had been created. It was only after I left a question-post for TucsonJim on the old-new forum that someone from this forum asked me to PM them for more info. I did, and that's when I learned of this new forum.

One -- I feel personally less able without those people. Two -- I feel the community should be rejoined -- and made whole.

Interested in the way others see it.

-Steve

Steve

The large growth of "My Grand RV" was not do to anything that transpired between GD and the owner of that forum. If you have noticed any changes in that forum there have been quite a few. There are a few different steps of being a member , free or paid , the free membership has increased the membership by leaps and bounds.
            As Rob has stated above that the owner of that forum has expressed that there is NO connection or links to be made between the two forums , no linking one thru posting from one to another , we will honor his wishes.

The growth of this forum , as well as many others over the years , has been small and slow. I think as time goes the growth will happen. Facebook is a big place that many go for answers and the community "feel" and it is hard to compete with that. I think the knowledge base here and with a little time this will be a great place for members to hang out and help each other.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Having become a GD owner two years ago I have much appreciated the knowledge available on both forums and the willingness of moderators to share their technical knowledge and experience. I belong to both and still search the former forum database when I'm needing information I know I've seen there before which much is due to the knowledge of moderators now on this forum. However, I'm now wondering if I'm doing this forum a disservice by not asking my questions here to allow the moderators to respond and thereby build the database knowledge available on this forum. Both forums serve a purpose but I do appreciate the "technical" aspect of this forum.
              Dennis & Phyllis Manley
              2018 Reflection 27RL; 2008 Silverado 2500HD 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis&Phyllis View Post
                Having become a GD owner two years ago I have much appreciated the knowledge available on both forums and the willingness of moderators to share their technical knowledge and experience. I belong to both and still search the former forum database when I'm needing information I know I've seen there before which much is due to the knowledge of moderators now on this forum. However, I'm now wondering if I'm doing this forum a disservice by not asking my questions here to allow the moderators to respond and thereby build the database knowledge available on this forum. Both forums serve a purpose but I do appreciate the "technical" aspect of this forum.
                Hi Dennis&Phyllis,

Yours is a very thoughtful reply to this thread. The moderators have discussed how/why/when we would repost our own ideas that others may have seen elsewhere. I for one (and I expect the other moderators will agree) would not mind at all being asked a question that I have been asked elsewhere as this gives me the opportunity to reiterate what I may have written before . . . or perhaps to refine, modify or summarize more info on the subject.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

However, I'm now wondering if I'm doing this forum a disservice by not asking my questions here to allow the moderators to respond and thereby build the database knowledge available on this forum. Both forums serve a purpose but I do appreciate the "technical" aspect of this forum.
                  I agree. It's a predicament for a lot of us to deal with.

I decided that I'll remain a member of the other forum and this forum. I watch the new posts on the other forum -- and either respond or ask questions related to what's being posted there.

I watch the Recent Activity and Today's Posts on this forum. When I have a new technical question or topic to pursue, I've decided to post it here, not on the other forum.

Not ideal, but it is what it is.

-Steve

2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
                  Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
                  2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
                  18k B&W Companion, non-slider
                  640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
                  Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
                  Somerset, WI

Comment

Yes we want you to do everything here on this forum!!!!!!. Just kidding. It will take a little time to build this forum compared to the "other" one, but with help from all of the members it can be accomplished. So of course when one posts a question here and a discussion ensues that will definitely build the database.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
                      I just now found my way over here due to a post from Emily on the GDRV4Life forum. I think now we have too many places to post (several forums and multiple Facebook groups) so that you either don't know where to post or you have to post your questions on multiple locations. I think it would have been better if GD had of bought out the other forum. IMHO
                      Hi Donald,

Great that you found us !
                      It would have been ideal if things could have worked out as you describe, but for a whole lot of reasons, that is not going to happen. I agree that there are a lot of places to post a question or comment about something Grand Design related. Our piece of this pie is technical comments/questions related to GDRV products. We have the backing of Grand Design, which will help us to do this. I am quite sure that you will fit in very well on this forum!

Rob

Cate & Rob
                      2015 Reflection 303RLS
                      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

So here's where everyone is! The lack of familiar names on my Activity stream on the other forum left me wondering. They are Senior Moderators over here. Whew!
                        Dennis
                        2019 Reflection 337RLS
                        Reese Goosebox, Roadmaster Comfort Ride
                        2015 GMC Duramax 2500HD with 3500HD Spring Pack.

Comment

Working...
                        X