X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED: Welcome Letter to New Members Feedback

Grand Design Owners' Forum,
    Whether you're new here, a regular contributor, or just have an opinion the moderators are looking for feedback on the Welcome Letter to New Members post. (A copy of the post will be added to this thread for your convenience and make it easy to comment. See post #2 below.)

What, if anything, would you change? Add? Delete? Modify?

When you joined would you have liked a private message welcoming you to the forum with a link to the Welcome Letter thread or is that too "in your face"? What do you think about the practice of linking the Welcome Letter in the response to a members first post?

While this thread is primarily focused on the Welcome Letter to New Members, your moderators always welcome suggestions on improving this forum. It is, after all, a forum for ALL of us as owners of Grand Design products.

We'd love to read any suggestions from our Grand Design public relation professionals regarding the Welcome Letter, too. GDRV-Emily , GDRV-Megan , , GDRV-Mariah

This thread will be open for two weeks. Please allow members to post their thoughts and opinions "judgment free" during this time period. Once the two weeks has expired the thread will be closed for further commenting, and the moderators will discuss the suggestions, if any, offline. (Thread will close for comments at 11:59PM CST, 5 Nov.)

Incorporated suggestions will be credited to the forum member in the Welcome Letter (unless they do not desire this recognition).

Thanks in advance for your creative and thoughtful inputs.

For Your Moderator Team,
    Howard
    Last edited by Andi; 10-23-2020, 08:08 AM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

This is a copy of the Welcome Letter to New Members.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for joining the Grand Design Owners’ (Technical) Forum. Please read the threads below in the Announcements and Site Feedback channel to familiarize yourself with this forum's purpose and rules:

Purpose of the Forum: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...e-of-the-forum
    Forum Rules: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-forum/60-forum-rules

Introduce Yourself!
    Once you have a chance to look around the forum, please introduce yourself here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...introductions4

Common Questions
    For the most common “How do I ______ on the Forum?” questions and answers, see the Forum Use channel. Plan on spending a bit of time in this channel--it will be time well spent! https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...ow-do-i-____-2

Puzzled? Ask a Moderator!
    Don’t worry about asking questions—that’s why this forum exists! Even if it seems “wrong”, post your question and we’ll take it from there. If you'd like to ask a moderator a question, these links provide an introduction and information on the forum's moderators:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...rum-moderators
    https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...rum-moderators

Again, Welcome!
    We look forward to your participation in GD’s community!

Sincerely,
    Grand Design Owners’ Forum Moderators
    The moderators for this site are not GDRV employees, but we do own GDRV products.

Andi (Andi)
    Barefootchelle (Michelle)
    Cate&Rob (Rob)
    Country Campers (Brian)
    howson (Howard)
    TucsonJim (Jim)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by howson; 10-22-2020, 10:43 AM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      Whether you're new here, a regular contributor, or just have an opinion the moderators are looking for feedback on the Welcome Letter to New Members post. (A copy of the post will be added to this thread for your convenience and make it easy to comment. See post #2 below.)

When you joined would you have liked a private message welcoming you to the forum with a link to the Welcome Letter thread or is that too "in your face"? What do you think about the practice of linking the Welcome Letter in the response to a members first post?

While this thread is primarily focused on the Welcome Letter to New Members, your moderators always welcome suggestions on improving this forum. It is, after all, a forum for ALL of us as owners of Grand Design products.

We'd love to read any suggestions from our Grand Design public relation professionals regarding the Welcome Letter, too. GDRV-Emily , GDRV-Megan , , GDRV-Megan

This thread will be open for two weeks. Please allow members to post their thoughts and opinions "judgment free" during this time period. Once the two weeks has expired the thread will be closed for further commenting, and the moderators will discuss the suggestions, if any, offline. (Thread will close for comments at 11:59PM CST, 5 Nov.)

Incorporated suggestions will be credited to the forum member in the Welcome Letter (unless they do not desire this recognition).

For Your Moderator Team,
      Howard
      Prior to retirement from both the U S Navy and my civilian career field as well, I originated a considerable amount of documents of this nature, as well as many other types. I have to tell you that I’m very impressed with this welcome letter. I can see that a lot of thought, time, and effort went into its design and content. After a thorough review I cannot make any recommendations for improvement. Naturally, some others my make some valuable change suggestions that I may not have observed. Well done!

Dave and Sue
      2020 GD 2250RK
      2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
      GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
      SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Hey everyone! I talked with the other girls... we all are in agreement that this is your baby and we are on board with however you want to handle this or address the welcome letter!!

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

We'd love to read any suggestions from our Grand Design public relation professionals regarding the Welcome Letter, too. GDRV-Emily , GDRV-Megan , , GDRV-Mariah

For Your Moderator Team,
          Howard
          Good morning Howard
          The only think I would add is something about filling out your unit information and how important that is including the vin number. Its also nice to know a first name what part of our great country the are from - OK Canada is great too

Otherwise great job
          Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

My only recommendation is to include something that says, "Please read all responses in a thread before posting your response as your response may be the same or very similar to a response already posted. Reading all responses in a thread is also a great way to gain knowledge on the topic."
            Mike & Lisa
            Central Florida
            2021 Imagine 2970RL
            1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Hi Howard

Not to be too nitpicky but in the second sentence of your "Purpose of the Forum" document you use the word "modify" twice...

"The primary purpose of this forum is to help Grand Design owners operate, maintain, modify, trouble-shoot and repair, and even modify their units.

I would remove the first instance of the word (underlined above).
              Brian & Kellie
              2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
              2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
              2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
              2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Appreciate all the inputs so far! Keep it coming...

Comment

Somehow the letter needs to convey that every owners' input, especially a resolution to an issue, adds to the depth and value of this forum for all owners. Frustrating when there is no follow-up or a resolution is found but there's little detail (and worse--no pictures!)

Comment

You all have tweaked the forum over the over the year plus in existence to be very effective. A couple minor things come to mid.

First in the NEED HELP light green box area I would consider also requesting folks to share their VIN along with stating where they can find it (street side sticker/other RV locations ?) other documents, etc. Not only is the VIN quite valuable in identifying specific coach build but I think it will help to eliminate/reduce troll/bogus posters as well. We are fortunate to not have to deal with much negative/fake posts on this site but maybe this will help to further reduce time wasting and non-value posts.

It seems a VIN is "asked for" somewhere else on the site but I do not recall where. Making it a requirement in this area and elsewhere seems more important today than ever with all the ever changing supplier shortages and switching on the fly being done by GDRV and others. I do not think it will deter the majority of posters from participating as being a too onerous of a requirement.

Secondly and very minor, to make it stand out on its own and add emphasis, I would start a new paragraph in this location and consider changing the word from 'will" to "actively does" in this sentence (link below): "We are fortunate that Grand Design will participate in this forum when warranted." In this same new paragraph, I would also encourage adding these two additional sentences: "GDRV, since its inception in 2011 (correct date folks ?) has been and remains an RV manufacturing leader in their commitment to provide customer service support. This forum along with their various other social media are valuable tools for owners and other stakeholders."

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...e-of-the-forum

Thank you, all for your dedication and help !

Dan
                    Dan & Carol
                    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Working...
                    X