Great big Thank You to the moderators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great big Thank You to the moderators

I finished winterizing my camper and put it away until we leave again after Christmas. This completes five seasons and over 30,000 miles towing the Reflection. I was thinking about all the mods, greased brakes, v clips, new suspension, new tires, solar system, etc that I have done. I could not have done it all without the support and advice from the moderators. I especially want to call out TucsonJim and Cate&Rob, you guys have been there since I began. I started as an absolute rookie, I had never pulled a fifth wheel, or had any idea how to maintain one. I learned by reading your advice to others, and asking my own questions when I had something new to deal with. I am now confident to maintain the camper, and replace things as needed. You are great resources to all of the owners.

I didn't know where to put this, so I figured the most important things I've learned fall under Suspension, brakes and tires. And I really like it that I am towing a camper with over 30,000 miles and it doesn't squeak.

Thank you moderators!!
    Dave
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2015 Silverado 2500HD 6L
    B&W Patriot 18k slider

Originally posted by Dave27 View Post
    I finished winterizing my camper and put it away until we leave again after Christmas. This completes five seasons and over 30,000 miles towing the Reflection. I was thinking about all the mods, greased brakes, v clips, new suspension, new tires, solar system, etc that I have done. I could not have done it all without the support and advice from the moderators. I especially want to call out TucsonJim and Cate&Rob, you guys have been there since I began. I started as an absolute rookie, I had never pulled a fifth wheel, or had any idea how to maintain one. I learned by reading your advice to others, and asking my own questions when I had something new to deal with. I am now confident to maintain the camper, and replace things as needed. You are great resources to all of the owners.

I didn't know where to put this, so I figured the most important things I've learned fall under Suspension, brakes and tires. And I really like it that I am towing a camper with over 30,000 miles and it doesn't squeak.

Thank you moderators!!
    Dave
    I will second this, the whole team here is phenomenal. I have met most of them in person and they are all great people in addition to a vast amount of experience and knowledge. Their passion for RVing and the Grand Design product comes through in every post, but they also are not afraid to tell it like it is. Thats a viewpoint I find quite refreshing on a forum.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks guys. That means a lot.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

TucsonJim and Cate&Rob are why I'm here and why I bought a GD trailer. Need I write more?
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

This forum is definitely a “team effort” amongst all four moderators and all the regular contributors. We have found in-house experts in every aspect of RV ownership, maintenance, repairs and upgrades . . . and running a respectful forum. Thank you for the kind comments!

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I agree
            Lets not forget Howard too here howson even if he does dangerous things with propane bottles

However listening to these great folks does get expensive.........but worth every penny

Keith
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I echo Dave's thank you to the moderators!
              We're new to full-time RV life, still figuring things out, and very much appreciate the time & effort the moderators put into sharing what they've learned!
              Find myself reading different posts about things like bumper pull towing - even though we have a 5th wheel, and other articles on topics that we're not dealing with, then asking for advice on the things we are thinking about - and consistently appreciate the responses I've received or read.
              Big thank you to all the moderators!!!!

Chris
              2019 Solitude 3740BH
              2019 Chevy 3500HD Duramax SRW

Comment

Yes - I have been singing the praises of this team for years. Their factual knowledge, willingness to help/share, and professional approach is much appreciated and a refreshing change to all the social media poo out there.

And as Neil shared, finally getting an opportunity to meet and spend a few days/evenings together "telling stories", Carol and I enjoyed our time with Jim, Rob, Howard, and Brian (along with all their wonderful wives) at the National Rally in 2019. This time just confirmed what a great and fun group they are !

And learning that Jim and Ginnie were "newly weds"......WOW - that was interesting !

Dan
                Last edited by Canyonlight; 10-28-2020, 08:30 AM.
                Dan & Carol
                2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post
                  Their factual knowledge, willingness to help/share, and professional approach is much appreciated and a refreshing change to all the social media poo out there.
                  ... and Brian (along with all their wonderful wives) at the National Rally in 2019.
                  What you and the other forum members may not know (because it's all "behind the scenes") is Brian's ( Country Campers ) fierce defense of this forum from spammers and questionable characters. Brian's got a fine-tuned radar for spotting TomFoolery and cutting it off before most even know it's an issue.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

What you and the other forum members may not know (because it's all "behind the scenes") is Brian's ( Country Campers ) fierce defense of this forum from spammers and questionable characters. Brian's got a fine-tuned radar for spotting TomFoolery and cutting it off before most even know it's an issue.
                    I was unaware of Brian's "iron curtain" system to do this.......wow, that is great and much appreciated. Thank you, Brian Country Campers !.......well done young man !

Dan
                    Dan & Carol
                    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

I was unaware of Brian's "iron curtain" system to do this.......wow, that is great and much appreciated. Thank you, Brian Country Campers !.......well done young man !

Dan
                      Not that this is my only skill set but I thoroughly enjoy giving the boot to unwanted squatters , there is a certain pleasure to it. Some other skills may include cooking , cleaning , making the bed , doing laundry , and of course the dishes , mowing the grass , vehicle maintenance , and so on. I have even been compared to the guy in the movie "Taken" but that's another story.

It is a joy to be here and lend help when needed and receive help when needed also. This all happens with the help of the entire Forum family.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Not that this is my only skill set but I thoroughly enjoy giving the boot to unwanted squatters , there is a certain pleasure to it. Some other skills may include cooking , cleaning , making the bed , doing laundry , and of course the dishes , mowing the grass , vehicle maintenance , and so on. I have even been compared to the guy in the movie "Taken" but that's another story.

It is a joy to be here and lend help when needed and receive help when needed also. This all happens with the help of the entire Forum family.

Brian
                        I understand that enjoyment, I spotted one the other night that was a well veiled spammer. I took great pleasure in reporting him.

Neil Citro
                        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

And learning that Jim and Ginnie were "newly weds"......WOW - that was interesting !

Dan
                          It's been over a year now. Or 45 years. I can't remember. LOL.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
                          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

The mods here ARE amazing. They all go out of their way to help others and spend an incredible amount of their time doing it. Much appreciated!
                            Brian & Kellie
                            2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
                            2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
                            2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
                            2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Working...
                            X