Please--Help with the Welcomes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please--Help with the Welcomes!

Regular members (you know who you are)--if you're responding or you note that a post is the member's first one, please help me out by adding a link to the Welcome Letter. Something like this (but feel free to use your own words):

Noted this was your first post, so when you get a chance check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Thanks in advance!

Howard

P.S. I have the string above in a text file on my desktop so it's easy to copy and paste.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Howard howson - does this software have the ability now or with a little tweaking, to send an "auto reply" to those after their first post to share the narrative and link (and possibly other key information) ?

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post
      Howard howson - does this software have the ability now or with a little tweaking, to send an "auto reply" to those after their first post to share the narrative and link (and possibly other key information) ?

Dan
      The moderators have very limited admin rights. Undoubtedly there's a lot of capability that isn't tapped in this vBulletin platform.

I don't think it's that GD doesn't want to allow me (or other) moderators this type of access to the forum, the problem is that it will require access behind the GD firewall as if we were GD employees. The GD IT department is adamant that "outsiders" will not be allowed access. I don't blame them.

Thanks for the thought!
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

The moderators have very limited admin rights. Undoubtedly there's a lot of capability that isn't tapped in this vBulletin platform.

I don't think it's that GD doesn't want to allow me (or other) moderators this type of access to the forum, the problem is that it will require access behind the GD firewall as if we were GD employees. The GD IT department is adamant that "outsiders" will not be allowed access. I don't blame them.

Thanks for the thought!
        Thank you, Howard. I did'nt envision that it would be you moderators to do this but rather the appropriate tech team person/folks at GDRV. It would not seem to be a major item to address with a fairly sophisticated system such as this since pretty simple email systems have been performing similar things for decades......back when I had hair

Dan
        Dan & Carol
        2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
        2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Working...
        X